Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's my car. Good quality spacers, hollowed out to save weight, fits perfectly. Always a pleasure dealing with Shardul.

Reactions: AUDI_R8

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nope, feels exactly the same. I had them on my gen 1 R8 and tracked the car, no issues. These are only 11mm so not ultra aggressive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man...need to get mine on the car. Do I really need a tool to remove the black plastic lug cap? How deep is the cap? Pics anyone?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man...need to get mine on the car. Do I really need a tool to remove the black plastic lug cap? How deep is the cap? Pics anyone?
You get a lug cap removal tool in your frunk kit. If you haven't got one there a plenty on Ebay. You can pull the caps off without the tool but sometimes they are a bit awkward to get off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have the car on the lift...where r the jack points? Manual only refers to a lift point on the center of the sill for lifting one side. I want to lift the front only then the back only.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The center side lift point works well; a common practice on my cars; particularly exotics.

Just pickup a proper lift adapter for your jack and you will be just fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a slider jack on my 4 post lift. The weight has to be evenly distributed from right to left....I could just skip the lift and get the adapter...but it’s nice to work at eye level. I did end up getting them on using a diagram I found along with some common sense. It would be nice to get clarification from a tech...what points does the dealer use when using their two post lifts???

·
Registered
42 Posts
A couple of simple questions on the spacers:

1. After installation is there any requirements to get the wheels realigned ?
2. UK Distributor ?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
the single point lifts the entire right or left side of the car. follow the rear door seam under the car, you will see a small square opening. The jack fits in there. Be carefull to only jack there or put an adapter into that area if your using a 3rd party jack as you could crack the rocker cover plastic molding.

I personally put 12.5mm on front and 17.5mm on rear and believe those dimensions flushes them out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
the single point lifts the entire right or left side of the car. follow the rear door seam under the car, you will see a small square opening. The jack fits in there. Be carefull to only jack there or put an adapter into that area if your using a 3rd party jack as you could crack the rocker cover plastic molding.

I personally put 12.5mm on front and 17.5mm on rear and believe those dimensions flushes them out.
gstone1 -- You never posted pics of your R8. You gotta show us your Spyder!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Where do you put jack stands on the Gen 2 after you lift the car from the single jack point?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where do you put jack stands on the Gen 2 after you lift the car from the single jack point?
I've asked this question a few times and had essentially the same response from everyone:

Behind the front wheels and there is a circled area in front of the rear wheels.

The second photo is (I believe) a Gen 1 car although it appears that the locations haven't changed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts