Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I meant where are the jack pad points for a 4 point lift...does anyone know??
Slightly confusing question firebelly.. My post, unless I'm going mad, attempted to answer this question. There are 4 points under the car where you can lift from? See pics and comments on the post before yours.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
The pic in the post before mine is of a gen1...the points in front are likely the same...however using the rear points shown in the photo will mess up your gen2. I’m looking for a pic or diagram of the jack points for a 4 point lift. I can’t figure out why the manual doesn’t show them. I’ll ask an Audi tech tomorrow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Picture installing my spacers on the R8plus and car picture after. Also, my front shields have been a life saver for the front 2K carbon front lip. Would have had to replace at least 3 lips by now.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Most manufacturers do not like spacers due to the extra stresses applied to bearings, spindles and hub flanges etc. Does anyone know what Audi factory thoughts are on spacers?

·
Vendor
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sorry we have not contacted the Audi engineers. With that being said I have number customers run their cars at COTA multiple times with these spacers with out any issues. Audi Central and Audi West Houston offer these to their potential buyers for new and used R8s.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Most manufacturers do not like spacers due to the extra stresses applied to bearings, spindles and hub flanges etc. Does anyone know what Audi factory thoughts are on spacers?
May be a dumb question, but is there a difference in the forces applied between using spacers on OEM wheels vs a custom wheel with more aggressive offset to accomplish the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 47 Posts