Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some interesting news regarding the specification of R8 orders ... for the UK obviously!

There are over 900 customers in the UK waiting for the R8 ... with only 400 production slots available ... this will obviously mean the majority of R8 customers waiting till 2008 ... before getting their new toy!

Pricing and specification details should be with dealers by the end of November ... and it looks like cars need to be specified before Christmas ... not sure if that means based on a minimal deposit ... or the increased £10,000 deposit ... when I know for sure ... I'll let you know.

Also ... it will be early 2007 ... before a production date for each car will be known.

Obviously if I hear any more ... I'll let you know!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guess Audi doesn't like making money.. I am not waiting a year for a car.

Order a new 2007 car and it comes to you in 2008 a year older already. hilarious

The car isn't even that special. They're acting like it's an Enzo ferrari or something when its just a 420 HP Audi sports car that should be in mass production or at least be able to fill every order in a timely manner.
Next they'll be only selling to pre approved customers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys
I spoke to my dealer last week and the information was much the same. The numbers I was given where 700 deposits taken for 450 cars. Audi are in the process of cross checking the 700 for speculaters who have placed multiple deposits. He asked me if I had heard anything from Audi direct. That is the contact route my dealer is expecting. All very mysterious :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts