Upgrade logo or keep original logo for that specific year

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering thoughts on the below:

the 1st gen model R8’s (2007-2012 I believe) have the R8 on its own where as the facelift and newer versions have the red rhomboid/square behind the “R”.

Looking to replace my gear stick badge, and door sills as they are scuffed.

my question is, what’s the general thoughts of upgrading them to the new logo (if so, i’ll also be upgrading the badge at the back of the car also) OR keeping to the original logo style for the year my car was made (2007).

i already have the new logo on the welcome lights in the doors (there weren’t any with the old logo) so will match if i get the upgrades. But if i upgrade all logos on the car the only one that can’t really be changed is the logo in the intrument cluster/odometer. So bit of a catch 22 between the two as one badge/logo will be the odd one out (odometer vs welcome lights)...

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I've upgraded to the later badges for the tailgate, puddle lamps and steering wheel. Hadn't really thought about the logo in the instrument cluster and can't say I'm really bothered about it. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've upgraded to the later badges for the tailgate, puddle lamps and steering wheel. Hadn't really thought about the logo in the instrument cluster and can't say I'm really bothered about it. :)
Ahh I knew I forgot something, the steering wheel badge, one to add to my list.
And yeh i suppose it’s not that big of an issue on the cluster, just OCD with having things match. The upgraded logo certainly brings updated life to the gen 1’s pre face lift...Having said that however, it’s easier to change the door light/puddle lamps than to upgrade the instrument cluster XD

·
Registered
429 Posts
Upgrade. At least do the rear badge. I have and it looks much better with the little splash of red against the white bodywork. I also added the steering wheel logo and changed the puddle lights, but just to the rings with Audi written underneath. The door sills I also find are fine as they are. The red rhombus wouldn't be that noticeable/add much there I don't think. The instrument cluster would be a pain and not something that ever bothers me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Upgrade. At least do the rear badge. I have and it looks much better with the little splash of red against the white bodywork. I also added the steering wheel logo and changed the puddle lights, but just to the rings with Audi written underneath. The door sills I also find are fine as they are. The red rhombus wouldn't be that noticeable/add much there I don't think. The instrument cluster would be a pain and not something that ever bothers me.
Yeh red and white always looks good...i think you guys are right, i’ll most likely upgrade them then and forget about the one on the instrument cluster (it doesn’t even light up at night or show that well during the day and in some way hidden behind the eyes focusing on the dials/speed, so easily forgotten). Changing it would be a head ache as you would need to buy the whole panel most likely, plus getting the coding done to match the mileage etc etc all just for a logo. Still might look into the door sills as mines are scuffed.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
I’m obsessive about this, so much so that I’m decently upset that I can’t get or find carbon illuminated door sills in the original. I’ve tried everywhere. AudiSport said they would make me a set finally, and when they showed up they were the new logo. They then said that was all they were able to make.

I am trying to keep the car correct to the year it was produced as much as possible.

So basically, if you’ve got carbon illuminated door sills, with the original logo, and want to upgrade, I’m your guy to trade with. Haha.

Reactions: Ajvr1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m obsessive about this, so much so that I’m decently upset that I can’t get or find carbon illuminated door sills in the original. I’ve tried everywhere. AudiSport said they would make me a set finally, and when they showed up they were the new logo. They then said that was all they were able to make.

I am trying to keep the car correct to the year it was produced as much as possible.

So basically, if you’ve got carbon illuminated door sills, with the original logo, and want to upgrade, I’m your guy to trade with. Haha.
haha, well yeh if i do come across it over here in the uk i’ll pm you. Just had another think about the above title. What i may do is add the original logo to steering wheel and gear stick badge to match the instrument cluster inside. Then upgrade to new logo on rear, matching the puddle lights i already have for outside. That way it keeps some form of consistency, if youre in the car or outside it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ThunderDent don’t know if you have seen this already, but just did a quick search... possible solution to your issue?

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
I have read that thread a lot. Haha. That’s a lot of intricate work!

Reactions: Ajvr1
1 - 14 of 14 Posts