Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellas know where I can get a carbon fiber license plate (USA)? I have carbon fiber side blades, carbon fiber mirrors, etc, etc---but can't find a decent Audi Carbon Fiber license plate??! Advice would be appreciated....

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Any of you fellas know where I can get a carbon fiber license plate (USA)? I have carbon fiber side blades, carbon fiber mirrors, etc, etc---but can't find a decent Audi Carbon Fiber license plate??! Advice would be appreciated....

Are you looking for a frame or a CF mount/frame that could be mounted on the black glossy front bar in the grill. That is what I am looking for, since I need to find something to modify the front to be able to take a license plate without changing the entire grill out! (State law)

Right now I think the rear plate mount can work on the front. It would need to have self tapping screws to mount it into the front bar, smack dab in the middle of the grill and the bar. Then the plate could mount and have a nice thin CF frame around it.

A matching thin CF frame for the rear would be good also.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
I have one but have no clue where I got it!

Google is your friend!

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I got mine on EBay..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Desperado---great stuff. I was concerned about clearing the rear camera. I was also concerned about the thickness. However, for $18, I think I can afford to give it a try.

Thanks for all your guys feedback. I'll post pics when I get it.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I have GOT to get one of those remote control retractable number plate mounts, these UK cameras are driving me mad. What do you think plod will think ROFL

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I have the Audi sport license plate frame .The top edge of frame comes VERY close to camara on back. Now I understand Desparados plight. A good C.F. frame will look nice, for sure. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts