Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. After spending days listening to, and looking at, exhausts, it seems I need to focus on which exhaust will meet USA emissions as my limiting factor. So far, I really like the following exhausts: Remus, SOUL, and Capristo. The SOUL eliminates the secondary cats which I believe will violate the emissions law here in the US. Is there anything about the Remus or Capristo that will violate the emissions law in the US?

Looking to hear from R8 owners here in the US

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was going through the same thing. I really love the Kline but went with GMG since it was 50 state legal as well as they are close to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cats are in the headers, might be a little is leading. Are you in California?
No, I’m in Maryland. So, exhausts not being CARB certified won’t be in an issue in the US? I’ve previously owned a lot of BMW M cars and a couple of GTRs and never had to be concerned with emissions with the different exhausts I installed on those cars (never used exhausts that had CAT deletion)

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you have already gone through inspection then for the most part you do not have to worry about it. As long as there is no check engine lights you will be fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you have already gone through inspection then for the most part you do not have to worry about it. As long as there is no check engine lights you will be fine.
I have been looking into the Fabspeed exhausts and their YouTube videos advertise that they have HIGH FLOW cats in
their systems for the R8. Might take a look there!

I just took a second look; I think the CATs are and additional add ON, but their 2017+ for the R8, appear to be CAT back systems.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I would think as long as emissions is not being changed just about all the exhausts would be compatible as long as they are behind the cats. The other option is to move to a state without emissions like me. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Main catalytic converters are built into the factory exhaust manifolds so no matter what aftermarket exhaust you get you will still have them on the car . All aftermarket exhaust systems eliminate the factory secondary catalytic converters , secondary cats are located inside the factory muffler box .Aftermarket exhaust systems will not trigger CEL as the main cats still stay on the car

·
Registered
310 Posts
whichever aftermarket exhaust you decide to get make sure it has the valve system like the factory exhaust otherwise it won't be very pleasant drive at higher speeds on longer trips

1 - 12 of 12 Posts