Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just brought my car in for the 5,000 service. When I walked in the service people said I should take a look at the new V10 sitting on the show room floor for sale. Vin number is 307 I think.

Maplewood Audi in Maplewood, MN (651-494-1471) just received a new V10, MT, Ice silver, Carbon package, extended leather, black interior, Alcantara headliner...$160K. This car is available for sale.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I posted somewhere else that Penske Audi in West Covina has a 2010 R8/V10 on the floor for sale. Sepang Blue, Manual Trans, full carbon, Extended Leather, Premium Pkg, Alcantara headliner. Also MSRP $160K. Ask for Mario Lopez (626) 241-0485

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Mario's car must be an early example...maybe a dealer demo....since he wrote on another forum that it has the old nav. system.

Willy and I would love to know the sn of Mario's car so we can try to put together when the change to the new nav. system occurred!

Steve

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
W...N00025X. Not a demo, brand new. But you are correct, it is a fairly early build.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Is there an A or a 9 in front of the N?
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
W...N00025X. Not a demo, brand new. But you are correct, it is a fairly early build.
if it's AN00025x, it's about 10 days into the 2010 production, assuming they start with 1 and build 25/day (I've heard 29 max, but early on from model year start up, maybe they are slow?) Doubtful that it's a ...9N00025x, because a v10 would be LATE in the 09 year (R8ENGLAND's v10 is 9N004xxx, so up in the 4 thousand range)

it is a bit of an assumption that they start with 1; in kicking around the collector car field for a while, I've seen examples of low production cars (eg: old Maseratis, particularly before the Orsi family took over) where they started a series with 100, or some times just with a number at random, like "7", so that nobody could say they had "Number 1"!!

but, in any case, here we have NO NEW NAV, so very interesting in light of what Audi says: "all regular prod. 2010's have new nav":confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
if it's AN00025x, it's about 10 days into the 2010 production, assuming they start with 1 and build 25/day (I've heard 29 max, but early on from model year start up, maybe they are slow?) Doubtful that it's a ...9N00025x, because a v10 would be LATE in the 09 year (R8ENGLAND's v10 is 9N004xxx, so up in the 4 thousand range)

it is a bit of an assumption that they start with 1; in kicking around the collector car field for a while, I've seen examples of low production cars (eg: old Maseratis, particularly before the Orsi family took over) where they started a series with 100, or some times just with a number at random, like "7", so that nobody could say they had "Number 1"!!

but, in any case, here we have NO NEW NAV, so very interesting in light of what Audi says: "all regular prod. 2010's have new nav":confused::confused:
Audi's US order guide says that the new nav will not be available until August production ....

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Swansailor.....that's the AMI......Audi Music Interface....which allows you to hook up an iPod or iPhone directly to the main head. This sacrifices the 6 disc CD changer, but everything else is the same, or so we have heard.

Steve

·
Registered
313 Posts
160 US this is a bargain, holy cow....they are real cheap in the US....i would buy a second one for this price .......160K US = 170'163 CHS ( swiss francs ) you have to put another 100 K US to get a V10 from the factory.......anyway....as i don't like the politics of Audi I have ordered a 458 Ferrari.......

·
Registered
109 Posts
160 US this is a bargain, holy cow....they are real cheap in the US....i would buy a second one for this price .......160K US = 170'163 CHS ( swiss francs ) you have to put another 100 K US to get a V10 from the factory.......anyway....as i don't like the politics of Audi I have ordered a 458 Ferrari.......
The 458 is not available for order. No dealer even has an allocation. The best you could do is get on a list.

·
Registered
313 Posts
my friend you are very very wrong......you can pay already the car as the price is 308.000 CHF colors are not fixed yet but mine will be red anyway.....minimum down payment 30.000 CHF.
So why can't you order the car . I am invited to the IAA show in Frankfurt to finalize the order.
They have promised the car end of May, 2010 ....

As I have received my V10 R8 already in April 2009 you might can imagine that I have some NOT TO BAD CONNECTIONS to the Maranello boys

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Yeah Buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
761 Posts
How does the used vs new nav differ?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
How does the used vs new nav differ?
http://www.audiworld.com/news/09/updated-nav/

what the 2010 R8 Order Guide says is:

AMI (Audi Music Interface), (which is the iPod docking station), is not available until "August Production";

but SBFV10 has spoken to 2 different AudiUS reps who have both told him ALL "regular production" (exact interpretation of THAT is unclear) 2010 R8's WILL have the RNS-E udate/upgrade (features above);

because this upgrade includes software/firmware updates to iPod interfacing/handling, this has created a confusion about just exactly what will be provided and when

to help solve this, if you see a 2010 (v8 or v10), NOTE THE VIN along with signs of the new nav (mention of "real time traffic" is one big clue), possibly the "MEDIA" key in place where it prev. said "CD/DVD". Report the VIN and nav status of new 2010's on this forum (see my post on VIN decoding and the v10).

·
Registered
761 Posts
http://www.audiworld.com/news/09/updated-nav/

what the 2010 R8 Order Guide says is:

AMI (Audi Music Interface), (which is the iPod docking station), is not available until "August Production";

but SBFV10 has spoken to 2 different AudiUS reps who have both told him ALL "regular production" (exact interpretation of THAT is unclear) 2010 R8's WILL have the RNS-E udate/upgrade (features above);

because this upgrade includes software/firmware updates to iPod interfacing/handling, this has created a confusion about just exactly what will be provided and when

to help solve this, if you see a 2010 (v8 or v10), NOTE THE VIN along with signs of the new nav (mention of "real time traffic" is one big clue), possibly the "MEDIA" key in place where it prev. said "CD/DVD". Report the VIN and nav status of new 2010's on this forum (see my post on VIN decoding and the v10).
Willy,

I got this picture online from a R8 V10 on sale at some dealer in OH.

It has the "MEDIA" button instead of the "CD/DVD" but I cannot tell the difference in resolution with the one currently on my R8 V8.

Could it be that "early production" V10s have the older nav? I know we cannot tell but just wanted to share ...

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Willy,

I got this picture online from a R8 V10 on sale at some dealer in OH.

It has the "MEDIA" button instead of the "CD/DVD" but I cannot tell the difference in resolution with the one currently on my R8 V8.

Could it be that "early production" V10s have the older nav? I know we cannot tell but just wanted to share ...
Is it my imagination? That screen looks a little crisper doesn't it? My problem is I don't have any R8 around to look at. On sure clue (I think) is if there's a screen in there somewhere with the NAV that says something about "TRAFFIC." One pic I saw was saying something like "No Traffic available." (because the Sirius wasn't activated of course). THAT would be NEW NAV, I believe!

Also, someone said the FAR LEFT BUTTON should say "RADIO", instead of "FM/AM" like this one, but I can't vouch for that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts