Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed OEMPlus is selling the V10 side skirts. Looks like they are designed to scoop & shove more air into the engine air inlets. I'm not sure this would serve any purpose on V8s with the shallower intake blades. Seems like you would need the deeper V10 blades for this to be effective.

The real thing..

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
hard to tell with the black, but it looks like they're hitting their mark OK

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
This looks like the same blade to me...It's the side skirt and maybe the door that looks different.I thought I saw a different V 10 sideblade that had extra material.(scooped).Oh well ,cancell the V 10 side blades for me

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This looks like the same blade to me.
That's because it IS the same blade - it a V10 skirt on a V8 car.

Enlarge the pretty red picture below, it has the V10 blade you're referring to. I think you need the V10 blades & skirts.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You are right again ! How would the V 10 blade fit on an R 8 -8cyl and without the skirts??

·
Registered
172 Posts
It if purely for looks in my opinion but if you want to change the look I would buy the V12 blades which are signficantly larger and much more aggressive. I saw them on the v12tdi prototype last year and they look terrific.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right again ! How would the V 10 blade fit on an R 8 -8cyl and without the skirts??
From OEM:

"If you want to add the subtle styling of the V10 side skirts (below the doors) to your 4.2L R8, these parts are a direct installation and replace the skirts already installed on your vehicle."

The skirts do not meet the blades so for a V8 car, I either skirt should work.

What I DON'T see is a V10 CF blade, but as I recall, you're going mono-color anyway, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts