Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer told me last week that he thought V10 pricing in the US would come out of Audi today. Did anyone see or hear anything?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
My dealer told me last week that he thought V10 pricing in the US would come out of Audi today. Did anyone see or hear anything?
I am waiting for a new 2010 A4 which I ordered a couple of months ago. I was told today that it, along with a lot of other 2010's, is being held at "the port" until the new pricing is released. My dealer doesn't know when this will occur.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the link! Our R8 goes in for it's 5000 mile service tomorrow, we will be talking to our salesman then...supposedly two V10's were due in port last week.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I got my VIN today for my V10 due in to the dealer the week of 9/7/09. But prices still aren't available (at least to me!).

I'm a bit bummed though that the new higher res. nav. unit probably won't be in my car. I think they will be putting them the cars starting in a few (maybe 4) weeks. But I won't know for sure until I see the car!

Steve

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Looks like swansailor is in luck, but the rest of us will have to keep waiting.

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/prnews/090717/de48200.html?.v=1
I got my A4 pricing today. It appeared to be a 6% increase compared to 2009 price for the vehicle that I had specified but I see that the "prestige" trim now includes the NAV (which I had not specified) so the actual real price increase is only $125 (+0.3%). The car will be delivered next week.

Incidentally, I had a really good look at the V10 in the Audi Forum at Munich airport earlier this week. Interesting that the Audi rep stated that the V8 was, in his opinion, a better car for everyday road use. Nevertheless it did look wicked (although I really did not care for the shape of the side blades with the V10 bulge...which interrupts the smooth lines of the V8).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks swansailor. While I haven't seen the V10 in person, the pix I've seen have left me with the same impression as you re the side blade bulges. Yet...the other attributes may win me over! Can't believe hey are letting cars sit at the inbound ports. Yet, maybe it has to do with the number of 09 V8 units, and other select Audi 09 models, still sitting in showrooms across the country. Control the inventory and you can somewhat control the supply-demand and pricing. I suppose in the end, that helps those of us who have their brand.

·
Registered
180 Posts
We were told today, pricing on the V10 would be out on Thurs. July 23.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
It will be great to know the new prices soon!!.....but in my opinion, the V10 looks much more aggressive and seems to stand out wider from the back, especially with the black center section. I'm happy I ordered it even without seeing it. I ordered the no-front license plate option also so I hope the front gives that aggressive look as well. I really like the look of the new front lighting system much better than the old one....so that alone sold me on the V10.:)

I can't wait to see it in person.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
It will be great to know the new prices soon!!.....but in my opinion, the V10 looks much more aggressive and seems to stand out wider from the back, especially with the black center section. I'm happy I ordered it even without seeing it. I ordered the no-front license plate option also so I hope the front gives that aggressive look as well. I really like the look of the new front lighting system much better than the old one....so that alone sold me on the V10.:)

I can't wait to see it in person.

Steve
Steve: if you intend to license your car in Oregon and run with no front plate, be sure to always carry it with you. If you get called on it, you can try the excuse that "the car has no place to mount it." That may work with some Oregon lawmen, though in jurisdictions that are using a lot of photo radar, like Beaverton, no front plate may get you nailed just on that alone.

I have friends with classic restoration cars that try this (some even with "Historic" plates) and they often can get away with it but once in awhile, especially if a cop wants an excuse to write you up anyway, you'll get a ticket. It technically is a violation in Oregon to not show a plate front and rear.:(

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Yea, isn't it crazy to spoil the front of nice cars with license plates! So.....I haven't put them on my ML500 with the AMG package since there was no mount anyway....and on my M6, I just left it off. So far....almost 4 yrs, no stops! But I do carry them in the cars.

Lucky, I guess!! :)

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts