Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 R8's all R-Tronic and filled with 91 octane were lined up 2 at a time.

1) Supercharged V8
2) Stock V8
3) Stock V10

All 3 cars are R-tronic which completely levels the playing field when it comes to eliminating driver error. All cars launch from a 1st gear roll, all using 91 octane and stock exhaust and street tires.

Instructions:
1) Put the gear selector in A mode,
2) turn ASR off,
3) turb Sport mode On
4) then line up and
5) press the gas pedal to the floor and sit there while the ECU shifts through the gears by itself
6)watch the horizon get closer.

Stock V8 R8 againt the VF supercharged V8 R8

V10 action

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Interesting videos but the only real way to quantify the performance differences is at a drag strip with 0-60 and quarter mile times.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Imagine trying to convince the owner of a V10 to take their car down a drag strip !
I most certainly will. Besides regular tracking (which we all know really beats on a car), I have taken all the performance cars I've owned (XJR, E55, XKR, Viper, etc.) to the drag strip a couple of times a year. It is a great way to see how you measure up to the tested results and it is just a blast to do.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am glad to hear it, as I am all for opening up a V10 to redline no matter on the dyno, track or 1/4 mile. Use it for what it was designed!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Too bad I can't hit the strip a few more times before the SC goes on to see the difference
Agreed - it is always nice to have your own baseline so you can absolutely be certain of the gains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts