Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry, but claiming a "binding sales contract for a V10" is a load of rubbish and illegal under EU law.

There are no valid sales contracts or legitimate offers for sale of a V10.

If you look in the UK, there are also unscrupulous independent dealers offering "V10 contracts" for sale. These are speculators and Audi (UK) have informed me in no uncertain terms that their orders for V10 will go straight to the bottom of the pile.

However, what Audi (UK) are doing is to write to anyone who has ordered, or expressed an interest, in a V10 to advise them that their interest is noted and if/when the V10 goes into production they will be contacted.

This list of expression of interest will form the basis of (chronological) order priority for the V10, as indeed it did for the V8.

The situation above is for the UK only.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I put a deposit down with my dealer in the US. It's just a pending order put in line with everybody else. If this "order" comes up and the v10 isn't out, I just pass on it and the next person moves up and mine will stay on top for the next spot. If the v10 comes out before it's my turn again, I just wait in line like everyone else.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a dealer gave a current v8 owner a v10 order ahead of waiting customers. I'm sure they want to keep selling cars to the return buyers if possible.

Regardless, just get on the list and pass up on v8's until the v10 is available. I don't see why that would be an issue for a dealer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
as far as the audi boys in switzerland told me , mine should come in march 2009, lets x fingers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry, but claiming a "binding sales contract for a V10" is a load of rubbish and illegal under EU law.

There are no valid sales contracts or legitimate offers for sale of a V10.

If you look in the UK, there are also unscrupulous independent dealers offering "V10 contracts" for sale. These are speculators and Audi (UK) have informed me in no uncertain terms that their orders for V10 will go straight to the bottom of the pile.

However, what Audi (UK) are doing is to write to anyone who has ordered, or expressed an interest, in a V10 to advise them that their interest is noted and if/when the V10 goes into production they will be contacted.

This list of expression of interest will form the basis of (chronological) order priority for the V10, as indeed it did for the V8.

The situation above is for the UK only.
This is not exactly what happens. I have a deposit down on the V10 from my audi dealer, got a letter from audi(not dealer) saying that although they cant guarantee the v10 is being made my order is in if they chose to build it...which they obviously will

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Jas,

You have mis-understood my post !

The letter I have is from Audi UK and not my dealer. Is says exactly as you say, no commitment to sell or buy, but if they build it, my name is on the list.

My order has been in since August 2004 for one V8 and one V10. I have the V8, so here's to the V10 !

The situation in the US, from WEDouglas's post seems similar, although dealers there seem to bend the rules.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am probably not adding anything new but my contact at Audi USA tells me v10s will not be delivered in USA until late 2009 at the earliest. Audi does not appear to be in any rush given the high demand and wholly unsatisfied demand for the v8. It would make sense for dealers to try and sell v10s to existing v8 owners if for no other reason then to take a v8 back in trade and enjoy the profit on the resale, which here in the USA is still $30-40,000 over MSRP. I would be interested in the v10 but my dealer is refusing to take orders and has announced that it will sell the v10s to the highest bidder. This is one of the unfortunate realities that have been discussed at length in this forum and a practice that I refuse to support on principle alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts