Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who here has their name on the list for the V10?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm on the list for a V10. I am thinking about what transmission option to get. If the R-tronic is like the Lambo LP560, I'd get it. But if the R-tronic is as bad as, say, the Aston Martin sequential manual gearbox, I would definitely not get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm on the list, supposedly number one at my dealer, Rockville Porsche-Audi. I'm wondering what the cost is going to come in at. I hope the base price includes sone of the stuff that is optional on the V8.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Intrigued by the V10, but not on the list as I am patiently waiting for the V12 TDI. :eek:
My salesman has firm instructions that I am to be absolutely the first one on THAT list! :D

(Then again, perhaps I should reconsider. Having one of each would be the ultimate triumvirate. My goodness, what a thought!)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Intrigued by the V10, but not on the list as I am patiently waiting for the V12 TDI. :eek:
My salesman has firm instructions that I am to be absolutely the first one on THAT list! :D

(Then again, perhaps I should reconsider. Having one of each would be the ultimate triumvirate. My goodness, what a thought!)
Are they going to produce the v12?

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Are they going to produce the v12?
If I had to guess, Probably Not. :( But, they should. That's why I'm patiently waiting... ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I had to guess, Probably Not. :( But, they should. That's why I'm patiently waiting... ;)
I agree. Why they are not is beyond reason for us enthusiasts.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I agree. Why they are not is beyond reason for us enthusiasts.
I guess because we are enthusiasts, there is no 'reason' (just emotion :D).

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am on, but still waiting patiently for a trade-in price for my 09 (4k miles). If its stupid then I will reconsider. I have only asked 4 times, so business will go elsewhere if I dont hear by end of the week.

Reasons to buy include nailing that GT3 which tore across my bows at exit from M6 toll barriers!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I'm on the list, supposedly number one at my dealer, Rockville Porsche-Audi. I'm wondering what the cost is going to come in at. I hope the base price includes sone of the stuff that is optional on the V8.
From what I saw int he UK PDF, it does. Has audi officially announced the v10 for the USA? Or are dealers just taking orders just to take them at this point?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm on the list for a V10. I am thinking about what transmission option to get. If the R-tronic is like the Lambo LP560, I'd get it. But if the R-tronic is as bad as, say, the Aston Martin sequential manual gearbox, I would definitely not get it.
Same here. The box in the LP560 was excellent, and if it's the same, I'll totally get it.

However, I'm going to demand that they get a test car this time. I bought the V8 with out driving it, but I'm not going to spend another 60-80K if they aren't going to let me check it out first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. The box in the LP560 was excellent, and if it's the same, I'll totally get it.

However, I'm going to demand that they get a test car this time. I bought the V8 with out driving it, but I'm not going to spend another 60-80K if they aren't going to let me check it out first.
Does your R8 V8 have the R-tronic or the manual gearbox? If it is the R-tronic, what do you think of it? How would you compare it to the LP560 or the Ferrari 430 etc?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am on the list.......... waiting to hear from my dealer re del date etc

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
I am on the list, but also have not heard any ordering information yet. With the beating I took last year, I may have to look at the 4.2 or wait anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I have a V8 with R-tronic. It takes a few miles to get familiar with the shift patterns, but IMHO after that it is great. I use the paddle shifters most of the time.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I have a V8 with R-tronic. It takes a few miles to get familiar with the shift patterns, but IMHO after that it is great. I use the paddle shifters most of the time.
I have an R8 R-tronic and I have drove the manual transmission version when I did the two-day Audi Sportscar Experience at Sonoma. My other "bad weather" car (a BMW 330xi) is a manual.

I really like the R-tronic for every day driving. I never use it in the auto mode so I cannot comment on that. I shift with the stick or the paddles interchangeably. I have not found any faults with the R-tronic ...it just took a little getting used to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I saw int he UK PDF, it does. Has audi officially announced the v10 for the USA? Or are dealers just taking orders just to take them at this point?

It was announced at the North American Auto Show in Detroit this month. I placed a deposit in August of 2007 in anticipation of the release of the V10.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I have an R8 R-tronic and I have drove the manual transmission version when I did the two-day Audi Sportscar Experience at Sonoma. My other "bad weather" car (a BMW 330xi) is a manual.

I really like the R-tronic for every day driving. I never use it in the auto mode so I cannot comment on that. I shift with the stick or the paddles interchangeably. I have not found any faults with the R-tronic ...it just took a little getting used to.
It seems that the more you drive, the smoother the R-Tronic becomes in manual mode. Something I noticed (which may be a coincidence) is that if I leave it in auto for a bit, then use manual briefly, and then switch back to auto... the shifts are MUCH jerkier

1 - 20 of 79 Posts