Audi R8 Forums banner

V10

21K views 78 replies 31 participants last post by  R84ME 
#1 ·
So who here has their name on the list for the V10?

#12 ·
Same here. The box in the LP560 was excellent, and if it's the same, I'll totally get it.

However, I'm going to demand that they get a test car this time. I bought the V8 with out driving it, but I'm not going to spend another 60-80K if they aren't going to let me check it out first.

#5 ·
Intrigued by the V10, but not on the list as I am patiently waiting for the V12 TDI. :eek:
My salesman has firm instructions that I am to be absolutely the first one on THAT list! :D

(Then again, perhaps I should reconsider. Having one of each would be the ultimate triumvirate. My goodness, what a thought!)

#10 ·
I am on, but still waiting patiently for a trade-in price for my 09 (4k miles). If its stupid then I will reconsider. I have only asked 4 times, so business will go elsewhere if I dont hear by end of the week.

Reasons to buy include nailing that GT3 which tore across my bows at exit from M6 toll barriers!

#17 ·
I have a V8 with R-tronic. It takes a few miles to get familiar with the shift patterns, but IMHO after that it is great. I use the paddle shifters most of the time.

#18 ·
I have an R8 R-tronic and I have drove the manual transmission version when I did the two-day Audi Sportscar Experience at Sonoma. My other "bad weather" car (a BMW 330xi) is a manual.

I really like the R-tronic for every day driving. I never use it in the auto mode so I cannot comment on that. I shift with the stick or the paddles interchangeably. I have not found any faults with the R-tronic ...it just took a little getting used to.

#26 ·
when is the V10 going into production?

#30 ·
I just got word and official Audi ordering specs for the V10 from my dealer in the US today. All options and colors etc, but no pricing yet. However, I am able to put the order in officiallly. Looks like two new colors and options etc changed. All LED headlights are definitely listed as standard (this is in US remember) and a few other specs changes as seen at the Detroit NAIAS. Their is a new Blue and a new Gray. I am ready to order but also want to have pricing in and to know (if posibble) wheather mine would be a 2009 or 2010 if the order goes in now. These questions gave not yet been answered. But, it looks as if their doesn't seem to be a difference in time for Non Us vs US cars in ordering-as I was expecting to have to wait till this time next year to expect arrival. Any other information is welcome.

#31 ·
Just got the call tonight as well. Couldn't give me pricing or specs, but just colors. I'm guessing specs should be made available soon.

Orders and allocations are now being submitted.

I too, wasn't expecting it this soon. No word on delivery, but I'm guessing about 4-6 months from now.

#33 ·
I received an email today. Pricing looks like it will be released in a month or so and taking delivery towards the end of the year.

#35 ·
Here is the notice about USA availability of the V10 which Audi sent to its Dealers:

#36 ·
I am on the list at two different local dealers, but am not sure how deep I am on them, or what this really means in terms of getting one. I just got my V8 in late November, so it's still a new car. I didn't expect it to be released for US ordering so soon.

I'm leaning towards keeping the V8 and doing an affordable, reliable supercharger upgrade. I think a supercharged V8 will be a slightly quicker car anyway. But my sentiment is more based on the price of the V10 (estimated at US$180K+ for the BASE model), and the depreciation on the V8 which has finally started to impact the R8 (and I have to believe will accelerate when the V10s arrive). It's starting to feel like I would be trading in my V8, plus $80K in cash, to get the V10 that basically looks like the car I just traded in.

Roman

#37 ·
The V10 might look similar but it would have a warranty too. I'm sure Audi would not honor an engine claim with an aftermarket supercharger installed. I'm hoping they continue the downsizing & replace the v10 with a supercharged V8, just like the A6 going to a supercharged 6 CYL. I'm looking for that OEM solution that won't void the warranty. These engines are expensive!

#38 ·
Very true about the warranty void, but then again you're sorta pre-paying for that replacement engine up front if you trade the V8 in for a V10...at least that's what I am battling in my head.

#39 ·
And now - as part of the new economy stimulation package congress is working on - you'll get to deduct sales tax & interest on that V10 loan (if you don't make TOO much money)! Article in the paper today.

#40 ·
edmunds test drive report here:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...d=141087?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1#38

ref the US "stimulus" pkg: anyone know if the tax credits will apply to a "foreign car", or just to Crap-lers and such?

sort of pricey increase for only detail "image" changes...(for those of us who only care about 'stylin'', average onlookers won't even know about the extra $50k we spent! ;-( (that's a joke, people)

Anyway, Ms Tritone kept her last Audi for 10 years; so we have a ways to go before she gets tired of this one.....

#43 ·
ref the US "stimulus" pkg: anyone know if the tax credits will apply to a "foreign car", or just to Crap-lers and such?
According to the article, Republicans want it for all cars, foreign and domestic, the way it was passed. Obama, of course, wants it limited to US automakers. We'll see.. he's having to cave on a lot of stuff lately...

my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.