Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally drove a V10 in on a track day.

V10 does better:

1. Power yes there is more power but to be honest not as much as I thought it really doesn’t feel like a game changer tome.
2. Exhaust note sounds much better doubt and to e that was the main thing the V10 does better

V8 does better:

1. Handling, V8 just feels much more composed stuck to the road almost cart like V10 was more nervous not as composed.
2. Steering is lighter on V10 and much less feedback from the road

I think the V8 has something that the V10 just does not replicate. But hey I own a V8 so probably a bit biased

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Nice to get a track day in a V10..envious

So effectively mod the V8 a bit and put a after market exhaust and your in heaven.

Just what I did.:)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Can't say I noticed a difference in the handling myself. Sure its not because of higher entry speeds? I wish I had got a shot with Alan MacNeish round Silverstone like one lucky punter.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Can't say I noticed a difference in the handling myself. Sure its not because of higher entry speeds? I wish I had got a shot with Alan MacNeish round Silverstone like one lucky punter.

That's because you have a V10 ;):D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Entry speeds were not higher its a pretty slow track... The V8 just fels more nimble and in a way smaller. I think a small tune and better tailpipe sound and there is really no need for the V10.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Interesting feedback - thanks for posting. So if you were buying a new R8 today and didn't already own one, which one would you buy?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting feedback - thanks for posting. So if you were buying a new R8 today and didn't already own one, which one would you buy?
Well thats depends why you are buying if you are the kind of guy that wants the latest and most updated kit then the V10, it looks a bit better as well especially from the back. If you want the best handling best value for money go for the V8 i think the on the road the V8 would be a better drive by far...and you really dont need anything more. Money is not a big issue for me and after driving the V8 i would not be replacing it with the V10

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Well thats depends why you are buying if you are the kind of guy that wants the latest and most updated kit then the V10, it looks a bit better as well especially from the back. If you want the best handling best value for money go for the V8 i think the on the road the V8 would be a better drive by far...and you really dont need anything more. Money is not a big issue for me and after driving the V8 i would not be replacing it with the V10

You probably don't need anything more than a Ford Fiesta :D

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I would probably get the V10. After my test drive the extra power is nice.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I want to put the V10 into my Ford Fiesta ;-0

·
Registered
711 Posts
I want to put the V10 into my Ford Fiesta ;-0
I nearly stuffed the V10 into someone else's Fiesta this morning:) Jeez traffic can get in the way.

Once clear I let it fly round and round an empty roundabout in 2nd at god knows what speed. Totally planted!!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Ok for all you V8 owners out there.

For those that haven't already done so..install a Stasis Exhaust.

This exhaust is sublime and makes me CRAVE to drive my R8 at every chance

It has changed the character of the car

Forget a V10..as this engine with this exhaust in person is inspiring!!!

I honestly crack a smile or a oh my god in some gears.Frickin!!!!!awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Switching from a V8 to V10 or choosing which aftermarket exhaust is all down to opinion. I think the V10 sounds better than the V8 with Stasis.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts