Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Nice selection of cars

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Thats all very well but ten things will have gone faulty on the Jag before it gets home!

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Hi Bloke,

I have seen that, I just assumed it's rigged or Jag / Land Rover owners are brainwashed during the vehicle handover :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
In a recent episode of Top Gear, this Jag was compared to a M5. I don't think it's a fair match against the R8 V8.

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I moved out into the sticks last year and brought a new Land Rover Discovery and its a total piece of s**t. However if you go on the Discovery forum they seem to think they are some kind of magic car and its OK that they keep going wrong, stuff doesn't work properly, dealers are rubbish and you have to wait months for parts.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I moved out into the sticks last year and brought a new Land Rover Discovery and its a total piece of s**t. However if you go on the Discovery forum they seem to think they are some kind of magic car and its OK that they keep going wrong, stuff doesn't work properly, dealers are rubbish and you have to wait months for parts.
S**t!!! That's not good. I don't want to be stuck on the road in the middle of a long road trip. I might have to reconsider buying a RR.

ps: just went on the discovery forum website and most the threads are about faulty something rather than how good this or that is ... wow

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Don't want to hijack this thread and I would love to support a 'British' brand but I hate the bloody thing! To be fair it is very good at driving across bad terrain but its rubbish in every other respect.

I had a diesel X5 for 3 years and a petrol 4.8 X5 for 2 years after that. Never had any sort of problem with either one and both looked brand new when I sold them.

The Discovery has never been 100% working, all at the same time, since I have had it and the interior just looks tired and worn out despite the fact that we are more careful with it than we were the BMWs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts