Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fitting v10 style exhaust tips to my new aftermarket exhaust, are they a proper fit and finish with the v8 rear bumper or would that also have to be changed to a v10 bumper?

see this listing... it doesnt mention if the exhaust holes in the bumper are the same size and shape for both v8 and v10 tips

·
Registered
758 Posts
They will fit but the shape is different in the bumper from V8 to V10. I've never done it but others have.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I looked at this early on & the hole in the bumpers is a fairly different shape that maybe others won't notice but you will! You end up with 'square' corners of the hole that the oval tips do not fit.

I didn't want that & preferred the big single circular pipe anyway so just changed the bumper & the tips from

to this:-

Apart from the literally hundreds of screws, nuts & bolts to remove & a bit of tweaking it was a very straightforward swap & does IMHO update the rear no end.

Reactions: Gav and MonsterR8

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am thinking about doing this too, but with the black oval tips. I think the picture the op has is already the conversion. That is a v8 bumper with 4 fins where as the v10 has 2 fins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked at this early on & the hole in the bumpers is a fairly different shape that maybe others won't notice but you will! You end up with 'square' corners of the hole that the oval tips do not fit.

I didn't want that & preferred the big single circular pipe anyway so just changed the bumper & the tips from
View attachment 253884

to this:-

View attachment 253885

Apart from the literally hundreds of screws, nuts & bolts to remove & a bit of tweaking it was a very straightforward swap & does IMHO update the rear no end.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi what did you have to change to make the bumper fit was the bottom tray the same and was the air vents the same just above the exhaust tips the black fins if you don’t mind answering as iam thinking of doing the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts