Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My phantom black came with Lava Gray (pearl effect) Sideblades...the car now has carbon blades and the extra set (new)of Lava Gray are either going into storage or up for sale..
Any ideas of value..?
I will check with Audi parts but thought an owner may have already been there and done that ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
The last sideblades that sold on ebay was a set of phantom black pearl. They sold for $330 with $89 shipping. I'm currently looking for a set of oxygen silver, but none have turned up on ebay lately.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was the buyer of said blades ;-)

I have purchased silver ones for $1000 each. The black ones were a steal at $330. unpainted ones cost about $1500 if memory serves me correct. It's random supply and demand as certain colors only look good on certain cars. lava gray may only look good on a few cars. i still have my red ones, as it would only look good on a black car (maybe if you live somewhere like I do - U of Louisville is black and red) ;-) silver is more universal, white may be as useless as red :p if I can't get the CF i want a little cheaper, I'm gonna try the red/black look

·
Registered
32 Posts
From the dealer -- I was quoted somewhere around $750 per sideblade, new but unpainted. By the time you paint, I would think you're looking around $1800 for two if purchasing after build, unless you can professionally paint them yourself. I actually sold my original silver blades to KY soldier (hope they came out unscratched!). We thought $1000 was a fair compromise for like-new silver blades with seller paying shipping (just over $100 with insurance).

I agree, color and availability will affect pricing. I can't believe the black blades were so cheap. I paid over $4000 (?4600) for my true Audi carbon fiber blades. I probably could have gotten a better deal, but they were right in front of me and the dealer (at the time) was saying they'd be hard to get--at least 8 months ago. Anyway, I love them with my Ibis white.

·
Registered
163 Posts
thanks wings! they are on, but had one little ding on the bottom, not a big deal to me but I am having a bear of a time finding touch up paint. they have the paint codes for the car colors but not the blades (that aren't already car colors). anyway, I agree street value should be about a grand. there a few sets to be had here and there, but you gotta jump on them and realize that it might not be the exact color you want. I might have been fine with a different silver but really like the oxygen. some colors like my red ones might not even fetch a grand unless someone wanted to repaint them a diff color. can't imagine there being much demand for the darker colors like lava grey and black, but any contrast looks decent imo. good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I was watching those Phantom Black blades on eBay but couldn't get to the computer in time. Great Deal - should have set a reserve! IMO, CF is for building light weight aircraft & automobiles, possibly wheels too like OEMPlus. CF trim pieces don't do much for me and IMO, 20 years from now, CF will date the car - just like an avacado colored refrigerator of the 70s.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I was in Stuttgart ,Germany on Saturday,Sept. 21 and passed by PPI and noticed an array of sideblades on display in all colors!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
..I am thinking around $750.00 ( + freight) would be a very fair deal based on the feedback..Thanks..There is no question replacements can run upwards of $2000.00 fully painted and installed..However, to the point made earlier, it is a matter of supply and demand..I dont care to make a killing just to recapture some expense ..I will not post on Ebay..No interest ..these will make great garage art :rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Garage, hell!!!!!!!

My original Ice Silver (driver's side) is proudly displayed in my living room!:cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am considering buying oxygen silver. I ordered CF, but may want to change it up from time to time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts