Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, another question about valve controllers. I've been looking at CETE and Valvetronic, about to pull the trigger on Valvetronic, although I have one question about these valve controllers:

If for some reason the remote system stops working, what happens to the valve? Does it default in closed or open setting?

I'd hate to drive around with the valve stuck in "closed" because I was having some issue with my remote. Being stuck in "open" is fine, though :)

Thanks for anybody who is in the know about this.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The CETE isn't operated by a remote. The settings (open, closed) are changed using the Drive Select button on the steering wheel. It's turned on/off using the ESP button so no issues with a remote whatsoever. I leave my CETE controller on all the time (never use the ESP button anymore) and just click Drive Select into Dynamic each time I start the car to open the valves.

I had a Capristo on my Gen1 which had a remote. If the remote battery ever died, the exhaust just remained in the default/stock mode. I'm not sure about the Valvetronic but I believe it reverts to default every time the car is shut down - so if the remote isn't working, the stock settings would be in effect.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Tupper

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,546 Posts
Thanks, I already ordered the Valvetronic so I guess we will see
Where did you order from? What made you decide Valvetronic over CETE?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts