Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know there are a few. I see a white one downtown quite frequently, and have seen a phantom black (possibly yours I presume) as well. I saw a silver w/oxygen blades coming out of home depot on Terminal last weekend as well. They're around, although I imagine you might find more enthusiasts (read: non-owners) like me on this forum from Vancouver, than owners:p.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
And I thought I was the only guy to take his R8 to home depot !!! I fit one 5 gal.bucket of paint,box of red dot topping and box of pool chlorine in the trunk with no problem.the day laborers did'nt even swarm me like when I'm in 'da truck.:)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I'm sure they have good Audi club stuff right around Vancouver, but if you are inclined to travel south a bit, consider Audi Club NW's wine tasting and tour of the Maryhill Loops in the Fall (http://www.audiclubnw.org for the exact date, don't remember it offhand).

The "Maryhill Loops" is the old corkscrew, steeply climbing canyon road on which, for many years in the '50s, '60's and maybe '70's they ran the locally legendary Maryhill Hillclimb. The road is closed, private and inaccessable now except for special events. The Maryhill Hillclimb is now a SOVREN event, so to run it at racing speeds, you've got to have a bona-fide vintage racer. But, once a year the Audi Club gets to "cruise" it during this special opening.

I've not attended that (yet), but I undertand it does get driven at a "spirited" pace and one car at a time, though not raced (no timekeeping). I am very much hoping that my R8 will be on the ground in time to give that event a try this year.

Then there's Quattrofest @ PIR in November, which is usually a great time to try tracking your car in the rain, which is almost always the weather: also a ACNW event. Maybe I'll see you down for one of them. Lot more fun than buying hardware @ Home Depot;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will soon be joining the list of Vancouver R8 owners. My V10 will arrive in August. Ibis White with carbon fibre blades. Looking forward to it, and the Maryhill event sounds great. I ordered the car in Feb. of '07, so it has been a long wait. I travelled to Neckarsulm last month to take a look at the R8 plant and the tour was excellent. The first Canada-bound cars were just coming off the line, so some should be showing up at dealers soon.
I have seen a black(shiny) with body colour blades in town, too. My personal favourite of those I have seen here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will soon be joining the list of Vancouver R8 owners. My V10 will arrive in August. Ibis White with carbon fibre blades. Looking forward to it, and the Maryhill event sounds great. I ordered the car in Feb. of '07, so it has been a long wait. I travelled to Neckarsulm last month to take a look at the R8 plant and the tour was excellent. The first Canada-bound cars were just coming off the line, so some should be showing up at dealers soon.
I have seen a black(shiny) with body colour blades in town, too. My personal favourite of those I have seen here.

wedisbrow, if you dont mind, are you getting your V10 from Richmond Audi? They will have a black R-tronic V10 coming a week after the Ibis white.

I will happily take your Ibis white if you want to get the black one instead. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw the black one again a couple of days ago and do love that look, but I have ordered the standard 6-speed on the white one. I think I will stick with that, as I do not especially like the SMG gearbox on my M6. I love it in some ways and find it frustrating in others, so the $11,000 price on that Audi option sealed the deal. Those transmissions are great for wringing the max potential out of the engine, but I do like having total control of clutch uptake and gear selection. Sometimes it is frustrating as you expect the clutch to engage quickly and it decides differently. Parking on a hill, for example, can be quite the challenge if the spot is tight. Anyway, I may be envious of the looks of your black one, but I think the white will look great, too. Neither do I have the option of regularly washing the car where I live, and black is tough to keep clean. Good luck with yours. It will certainly be beautiful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wedisbrow, you have a great taste. I don't own the black V10, ordered a white 09 manual but thinking maybe I should wait a bit more and get a V10 instead. I would probably go with the manual even if they are the same price. :eek:
Enjoy the car with good health!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got a phone call from my dealer today.
My V10 has arrived.
It will be ready for viewing on Monday.
From what I am reading on this site, mine will be one of the first delivered.
Exciting stuff.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Can't wait till you break her in !! Congrats !! :)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Does this count?

08 Daytona/carbon, part time @ Wall Centre, part time in San Juans, part time Tahoe.:)

Tritone
?

So, how fast do you get your R8 going on Lopez Island?;)

·
Banned
30 Posts
By the way, I want to know the advice of my Canadian friends.
Who can tell...
We have decided to sell the house and move to another city in Canada.
But there is a question concerning household moving. It's necessary to take away all our stock.
I think to choose such mmovers.ca moving service.
What difficulties can arise? How it's correct to pack things?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts