Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a affordable exhaust system for my R8 and came across this company in my own backyard. I went and visited Stuart at Velocity AP and was really impressed with his products. I decided to place an order for the "super sports" system. It was made in house and they even powder coated my tips satin black for me. When I picked up my car I could tell right away that it had more attitude, It sounds so much better then stock! I wanted my car to sound exotic but not be over the top loud or have drone. It isn't either of those. I think Stuart told me that it saved me about 34 pounds over the stock exhaust so that was a bonus. I let them use my car for some promotional videos and thought you guys might like to have a listen. If you're looking for an exhaust system then be sure to check them out!!!! I seriously can't stop driving it :)

I hope this ok to post, I'm not 100% sure on the rules.....

The video and link....

http://www.velocityap.com/Audi-R8V1...port-Performanc-p/vel-audir8v10supersport.htm

·
Vendor
183 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Very happy to have joined this board as a Vendor, and thanks to rhyno for being such a great customer. We are based in British Columbia, Canada and manufacture all our own exhausts in-house. We are an original equipment supplier to Aston Martin Racing, in addition to producing our own line of VelocityAP Exhausts.

The R8 V8 & V10 exhausts are available in 2 configurations - 'Supersport' as seen in the videos, and 'Race', without the silencer. Supersport is a great setup for every day use, loud enough when you get on it, but not so loud you can't cruise comfortably. Next week we are installing on a 2015 Facelift car so will be able to confirm fitment on the 2014/2015 shortly.

We selected this for rhyno's car as he has a couple of other exotics that are straight piped, and this was a more sedate car. This system is priced at $2495.00

http://www.velocityap.com/Audi-R8-V8-Exhaust-Stainless-Sports-Performance-p/vel-audir8xpipesupersport.htm

For those of you who love it loud (me too!) we offer the 'Race' version, at just 19lbs, very reasonably priced at just $1995

http://www.velocityap.com/Audi-R8-Exhaust-Stainless-Supersport-Performance-p/vel-audir8v10race.htm

We are running a discounted launch special on both of these exhausts, email me at [email protected] for pricing information.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After driving around for a few months with the exhaust installed, I can say I still have a smile on my face! I let a friend drive my R8 and he was sold instantly on the exhaust and is now getting one installed. I feel like the V10 was way to quiet from the factory and it truly needs more sound. With this system you can drive the car slow around town and not stand out but when you get on it the exhaust opens up and sounds really nice.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Will be test-fitting with revised tips to a 2015 facelift car tomorrow, so will soon be able to offer these in both 'Race' and 'Supersport' as well.
Stuart, welcome to the forum - your system looks great, nice and clean look and sounds great on Rhyno's V10 - I have added you to the list of R8 exhausts here.

Can you confirm that you offer non-valved system only.

thanks
s

·
Vendor
183 Posts
After driving around for a few months with the exhaust installed, I can say I still have a smile on my face! I let a friend drive my R8 and he was sold instantly on the exhaust and is now getting one installed. I feel like the V10 was way to quiet from the factory and it truly needs more sound. With this system you can drive the car slow around town and not stand out but when you get on it the exhaust opens up and sounds really nice.
Thanks very much for supporting us, and I'm glad you are still enjoying this setup. We installed the GT/Facelift tip sections with the same muffler on Shane's car in Dallas' garage last night. He's really happy with it.

It's funny when they started the car and it came off cold start, they both said "wow, that's really quiet." It is deceptively quiet at idle and at low RPM cruising. But you can definitely hear it when you open it up:

·
Vendor
183 Posts
Stuart, welcome to the forum - your system looks great, nice and clean look and sounds great on Rhyno's V10 - I have added you to the list of R8 exhausts here.

Can you confirm that you offer non-valved system only.

thanks
s
Thanks Steve. Yes, at present we have the X-Pipe setups in 'Race', 'Supersport' and 'Sport'.

We have a valved system in development that will feature the 'Race' XPipe, stacked with either our 'Sport' or 'Touring' XPipe mufflers - just like what Rhyno and this 2015 car have but more silencing in the box. And obviously a fair bit louder when open.

·
Vendor
183 Posts
Just a quick note to let you all know that our introductory pricing sale will be ending soon.

'Race' System is $1995 RRP, on sale at $1500. 'Supersport' system is $2495, on sale for $1871.25. Available for both pre & post facelift cars + GT.

Forum member installed the 'Race' version just a couple days ago and has emailed me with a great review. Hope to see it here soon.

We will soon be offering these systems in Race/Supersport, Race/Sport & Race/Touring valved setups as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ordering a Velocity AP Super Sport exhaust today. Embarrassing when you neighbor's 12 year old son tells you it needs an exhaust. Excited about giving my business to a new vendor with realistic pricing. Not to mention, the amazing sales pricing currently being offered. Big thanks to Stuart for a quick email response and suggestions. Can't wait to get my hands on it. The silence is deafening. LOL.

Dwight

·
Registered
156 Posts
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

All ready for my new Velocity AP Super Sport exhaust. What a great way to start a three day weekend. Hopefully have it this week. Any updates Stuart?

·
Vendor
183 Posts
Stuart, what do you think your realistic ETA is for the valved 'Race' XPipe?
I have a customer who has ordered one that we'll be starting work on next week. Will probably have fitment confirmed within a couple of weeks. Since the mufflers are a stock item for us, we should be able to produce fairly quickly after that.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts