Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to them this morning asking why they had dropped the existing kit for the V8.. the answer is that they are testing a brand new set up. It will be less money than the old one as they have simplified the design, and reduced the amount of cast parts.

This post is with their permission.
Clark

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Woohoo!!!!

Hopefully VF will chime in soon to confirm and provide any details and/or a timeline for when we can expect further details.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
This is good news indeed. Hopefully cheaper doesn't mean less horses.

Did VF indicate a release dateline? A month? 3? 6?

·
Super Moderator
3,981 Posts
Test mule is at VF presently...
Was the Stasis test mule many years ago.
I get the feeling this will be a well developed and tested setup, as the test mule is a dedicated track car and no longer streetable.

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
What a result it would be if it beats TTS´s 700+ bhp for the V8 and cheaper !!!!! now there´s a dream !

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wonder if they are sticking with the TVS1900 or changing to a different blower. The old kit really needed bigger fuel pumps and some other changes to get all the power out of that 1900, so maybe that's what they are doing?

·
Supporting Vendor
432 Posts
Does that also mean something is in the pipeline for the v10 as well?

Multiple options are currently available for the Gen1 and Gen2 Audi R8 V10,
covering all the various models including GT, Competition, and PLUS cars.

If you're interested, feel free to drop us a PM/E-mail/Phone Call.

There's nothing to currently add regarding the V8 application other than we will
post more details as we make progress with development. The goal is to reduce
pricing without compromising power, quality, reliability.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Thanks for letting us know something is cooking for the V8. Cheers!

Multiple options are currently available for the Gen1 and Gen2 Audi R8 V10,
covering all the various models including GT, Competition, and PLUS cars.

If you're interested, feel free to drop us a PM/E-mail/Phone Call.

There's nothing to currently add regarding the V8 application other than we will
post more details as we make progress with development. The goal is to reduce
pricing without compromising power, quality, reliability.

·
Registered
804 Posts
What a result it would be if it beats TTS´s 700+ bhp for the V8 and cheaper !!!!! now there´s a dream !
Forget the TTS kit, it's a Russian roulette game he is playing and he has no glue about the crucial parts of the V8. It's also extremely progressive due to the not very reliable Rotrex chargers characteristics he is using, means 1 til 3 psi maybe 5 is there and then an extreme bang comes at the top end with suciding 15PSI on stock internals. This also totally changes the car and compromises drivability a lot. Also no reliability as I challenged Richard on this too, just bla bla like if you wanna play then you have to pay. And he stated that he does everything better then VF, APR, MTM and other well known quality tuner....

Just stay away from TTS....and Rotrex chargers, which are my personal nightmare as very unreliable chargers which is the reason no OEM uses them. For an Russian roulette dragster engine it's ok for the rest a no go. Had a Rotrex kit twice on race mini's and they were only performing very short time and then tons of troubles which got only solved when I thrown out the Rotrex and replaced it with a Borg Warner turbo.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
post some pics and videos.

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
Well I certainly wont be able to say I wasn´t warned if I choose do go this way, thanks for the information and warning.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts