Audi R8 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey VF.
I am really looking for your r8 tune kit. I have been a fan long time ago since I heard about you.
Unfortunately, I am from a small country Hungary, and really out of options here as far as v8 r8 tune goes.
I wonder if you guys have a reseller, anyone that could sell, install my kit, if not in Hungary, anyone around? Maybe Slovakia, Austria, or Poland?

·
Registered
101 Posts
So.... has anyone gotten a charger in here? I don’t think VF has gone to production...do they have all the deposits? Something tells me it’s still priced high...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
It will still require a clutch too... Sure, the stock one may hold for a small amount of time, but why bother? So that will be another 8k.. ugh!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Even though their initial messaging was that you'd need a new clutch, they now say that a healthy stock clutch should be sufficient. I'm still not sure how true that is, but I also remember reading in another thread that someone on a V8 went through the trouble of installing a V10 clutch and he noted that they looked exactly the same, so if that's the case then maybe?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would like more research on this please. I have gone through the trouble of looking into upgraded clutches, they are NOT cheap! From all of the things that I have read, the V8 clutch is a particular weak point. All in all ... you are still looking at 25K installed for this kit. As much as I love the idea of it, I REALLY think that the opportunity cost associated with it is just too high for me.

Even though their initial messaging was that you'd need a new clutch, they now say that a healthy stock clutch should be sufficient. I'm still not sure how true that is, but I also remember reading in another thread that someone on a V8 went through the trouble of installing a V10 clutch and he noted that they looked exactly the same, so if that's the case then maybe?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, I just re-read through the thread and remembered that the conclusion they came to was that the clamping force was what was different.

I don't think a visual inspection speaks well of the differences. The material difference may be where they differ. Could also be a stronger clamping force, aka springs in the pressure plate. We won't be able to know these answers without proper testing equipment.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Napstar, I appreciate that image, thank you. However, like I stated, there is no possible way of discerning the differences in the 2 simply going on visual. Materials, spring rates, pressure plates ... all could be designed to hold more and we simply cannot see that with the eye.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I run my V10 clutch on my v8TT with 650hp (engine hp) with no problems, but then again its New! I asked Ricky when I bought the clutch if he tested the pressure between them? He Said yes but Never told any Numbers
( secret i guess)
The v8 have 5 small springs inside the ones you see! So total 10 springs
The v10 has only 5

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
My car is the car in their photos and on their website. It was the beta for the V8 kit. It took 8 months to complete. It was always my intention to post my build and the performance, but to date - 11 months later, I am still trying to get the car sorted and fault codes eliminated so I can really drive it. To Nik's credit - VF has been in engaged in the process, but I am in Florida so getting results is difficult on both sides. My car has a ton of upgrades and is basically built / modified for the track. This is not a torch on VF as they are good people, but the whole process has left a lot to be desired. I am sure VF can attest to the codes and issues not involving their SC - and to an extent they would be correct. However, I think all the issues intertwine and you need to be knowledgeable (beyond what I was) in knowing how to deal with them when they come up - because they will. Its been quite an ordeal, and one I would probably not repeat given where I am currently at. If and when I can get these issues finally sorted, I also hope to post my car's performance update.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why would they choose a highly modified car for beta testing of a new part?

My car is the car in their photos and on their website. It was the beta for the V8 kit. It took 8 months to complete. It was always my intention to post my build and the performance, but to date - 11 months later, I am still trying to get the car sorted and fault codes eliminated so I can really drive it. To Nik's credit - VF has been in engaged in the process, but I am in Florida so getting results is difficult on both sides. My car has a ton of upgrades and is basically built / modified for the track. This is not a torch on VF as they are good people, but the whole process has left a lot to be desired. I am sure VF can attest to the codes and issues not involving their SC - and to an extent they would be correct. However, I think all the issues intertwine and you need to be knowledgeable (beyond what I was) in knowing how to deal with them when they come up - because they will. Its been quite an ordeal, and one I would probably not repeat given where I am currently at. If and when I can get these issues finally sorted, I also hope to post my car's performance update.

201 - 220 of 235 Posts