Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year again, give yourself the gift of speed this Holiday Season with a VF Engineering Performance ECU Tune or one of our iconic V10 Supercharger Kits!

Asphalt Font Automotive tire Poster Photo caption

Musical instrument Font Recreation Bumper Automotive exterior

VF8XX Supercharger System for Gen. 2 R8 V10 - $36,995 $33,295.50
VF800 Supercharger System for Gen. 2 R8 V10 - $29,995 $26,995.50
VF750 Supercharger System for Gen. 1 R8 V10 - $19,995 $17,995.50
Supercharger System for R8 V8 - Accepting Deposits THIS WEEK! - Limited Production Run - DM or write to [email protected] for more information and a quotation.

Performance ECU Tuning Audi R8 V10 (2020+) - $2,495 $1,996
Performance ECU Tuning Audi R8 V10 (2016-2019) - $1,995 $1,596
Performance ECU Tuning Audi R8 V10 (2009-2015) - $1,495 $1,196
Performance ECU Tuning Audi R8 V8 - $1,295 $1,036

>> Place Your Order HERE! <<

Place an order online or call into our office line to make payment! Use the discount codes in the ads above on our website to get your discounted pricing. The codes are only valid through the weekend, and while supplies last for supercharger kits. A $5,000 deposit is all that's needed to lock in your order at the discounted price.

Price Increase for supercharger kits on December 1st, 2022!

For the first time since we debuted the kit, we will be raising the price of our V10 Supercharger Kits on December 1st of this year. If you've been waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and place an order, this weekend is the BEST time to buy. It will be the lowest price our kits are ever again!

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · · Business
What's the top line refer to? I may be missing something but I don't see the associated priced item on the website.

VF8XX Supercharger System for Gen. 2 R8 V10 - $36,995 $33,295.50

Thanks!
We offer two level of kits for the Gen. 2 5.2L V10. (2016+ Audi R8)

VF800 - 805HP | 600TQ on 91 Octane Fuel

VF8XX - 825HP | 625TQ on 91 Octane Fuel, and up to 890HP | 675TQ on Race Fuel.

The primary hardware difference between the VF8XX and VF800 is a modification to the fueling system of the car. The VF8XX system includes an upgraded intank fuel pump which allows for higher fuel pressure at high boost, and more power. The upgraded pump also allows a higher concentration of Ethanol fuel to be used which allows us to approach 900HP safely with a map switch.

With the R8, you can swap between maps in just a few minutes. Meaning you can cruise around on a pump gas file most of the time, and swap to the ethanol file when you're at the track or filled up for a canyon drive.

Hope that clears that up!

Reactions: blahblah

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · · Business
Are your ECU tunes for 2022 still requiring to send in the ECU or can it be done by OBD port?
At this time, it's still 50/50. Some 2022 R8s can be OBD programmed, but others cannot and require the ECU at our facility to program. If you can access one of the ECUs or use another software like VCDS to ID the car, we can let you know if your car is OBD2 programmable or not.

Reactions: Tupper

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · · Business
Says hex20 code not valid for v8 tune when checking out
Website guys fixed that this morning, go ahead and try again!

The code applies at checkout.

Font Technology Screenshot Rectangle Number

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited) · Business
How about 2018 RWS tune, can that be done via obd port? Hoping to purchase this and not actually install until sometime next spring/summer after my warranty runs out.
It sure can! All pre-2022 R8s are fully OBD port programmable. You can install the tune yourself at home in just a few minutes.

On the RWS, the performance gain is phenomenal. The engine is detuned to 540HP from Audi, and we take it right back up to the 630 to 640HP range. Nearly 100HP gain for $1,600 and about 10 minutes of your time.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It sure can! All pre-2022 R8s are fully OBD port programmable. You can install the tune yourself at home in just a few minutes.

On the RWS, the performance gain is phenomenal. The engine is detuned to 540HP from Audi, and we take it right back up to the 630 to 640HP range. Nearly 100HP gain for $1,600 and about 10 minutes of your time.
^ I have an honest question, no offense whatsoever meant. I realize that the software and time is all the same for your company whether you tune a performance or a non-performance model, but I"m sure you can understand that for a guy with a Performance model, I'm paying the same to get 20 extra hp as somebody who is getting 90 extra hp. Have you ever thought of discounting your product for those of us getting lower performance gains relative to others? Just wanted to ask.

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · · Business
^ I have an honest question, no offense whatsoever meant. I realize that the software and time is all the same for your company whether you tune a performance or a non-performance model, but I"m sure you can understand that for a guy with a Performance model, I'm paying the same to get 20 extra hp as somebody who is getting 90 extra hp. Have you ever thought of discounting your product for those of us getting lower performance gains relative to others? Just wanted to ask.
We have thought about that yes, but decided it was too much trouble to differentiate all the different variations of V10 and instead group them together by generation.

You are gaining less peak power, but you still get the same improved throttle mapping and the gains through the midrange are remarkably similar on nearly all variations of V10. Take a look at the dynos below:

G2 R8 RWS Stock vs Tuned (540HP)
Slope Plot Font Rectangle Parallel

G2 R8 Plus Stock vs Tuned (610HP)
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

These are measured on two different dynos, but you can see the power curves from 2k to 7k are pretty much identical. The RWS caps off power at 7k give or take, while the Plus model keeps climbing all the way to red line.

So while you're gaining less peak power, the power the the entire rev range is what makes our tuned R8s feel much quicker.

Reactions: Tupper and slngshot

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know you recommend:

ECU Programming for the Gen 1 R8 V8/ V10 requires vehicle battery voltage to be maintained at 13volts or better with a 40A charger. Vehicle should not have aftermarket wiring connected with the CAN bus. Insufficient vehicle power will lead to programming faults and potentially damaged ECUs. VF engineering is not responsible for programming errors when installation instructions are not followed and labor charges will apply for ECU recovery.
40A seems a little high. I definitely understand why this disclaimer is sensible. Any recommendations on which chargers to use?

I have the CTEK MXS 5.0, would that be sufficient?

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · · Business
I know you recommend:
40A seems a little high. I definitely understand why this disclaimer is sensible. Any recommendations on which chargers to use?
I have the CTEK MXS 5.0, would that be sufficient?
40A is overkill, but is the safest choice and is what most shops have access to with commercial grade battery chargers.

A trickle charger like the CTEK will work if the battery is healthy and you follow the flashing instructions and remove the fan fuses before programming the car. 40A is enough that the battery maintains enough voltage even with the fuses left in the car.

Reactions: G8D_6S

·
Registered
09 V8 6MT
296 Posts
What kind of improvement can be expected from a Gen 1 v8 tune?
From what I’ve gathered over the years, like mentioned above, the peak power isn’t going to knock your socks off. But the mid range is going to be noticeable.

Still tough to swallow as it’s just as spendy as the rest of the fellas rocking the extra cylinders that get huge gains. Our poor little V8’s just can’t breathe thus why increased TB’s/MAF’s which require a significant remap is strongly advised for those staying NA.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have their tune.
The throttle response is night and day different.
Mid and upper range is much more dynamic.

I was happy with the car before the tune.

Now it's properly silly.

Cracks me up when people choke at 1500 bucks on an upgrade for a car of this caliber.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts