Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
if you are "getting on it" there are no burbles
Those are on decel/between shifts

on a stock exhaust V8 I can't imagine it would sound like much at all.
Correct, not on throttle. “Getting on it” I should clarify I meant “spirited driving”. Stock exhaust has very faint burbles with valves opened, higher rpms, and warmed up. Wanted to confirm if this tune changes/accentuates any of this characteristic. Based on your response, it does not, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
you don't buy a tune for sounds. you buy an exhaust for sounds.

no clue why you wouldn't want a faster/better accelerating car if you drive "spiritedly".

there is a bit of flutter in the sound if you are off and on throttle in one gear (manual) but no clue if that's the same in auto.

·
Registered
26 Posts
you don't buy a tune for sounds. you buy an exhaust for sounds.

no clue why you wouldn't want a faster/better accelerating car if you drive "spiritedly".

there is a bit of flutter in the sound if you are off and on throttle in one gear (manual) but no clue if that's the same in auto.
Hmmm, not sure why you’re assuming all this about my purchase justification. Never said I’m not buying the tune for its primary benefits: throttle response, and mid range performance. Just asked about other characteristics of the tune, specifically any burbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
it was a generalization, not targeting you specifically.

I've heard/seen it frequently.
You can always call VF and ask them why that offering was removed, I spoke to a few tuners and none of them recommended it because of running issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
it was a generalization, not targeting you specifically.

I've heard/seen it frequently.
You can always call VF and ask them why that offering was removed, I spoke to a few tuners and none of them recommended it because of running issues.
They state it on their site: Burble tuning on Gen 1 R8s affects drivability as the functions are not present in the ECU from factory. As of August 2021 we do not offer it as it does not meet our performance standards.

I've reached out to VF to understand if their base tune (not a "burble" specific tune) has any "flutter" as your call it, or burble characteristics on deceleration. Will post it here if I hear back.

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · · Business
What kind of improvement can be expected from a Gen 1 v8 tune?
Rectangle Slope Font Plot Line

• +15-25WHP / +10-20WTQ
    Speed limiter removed
    Improved throttle response

·
Supporting Vendor
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · · Business
Any chance limited V8 production runs are compatible on Spyders?
Yes! They will be fully compatible with the Spyder. During the redesign, we adjusted the kit to fit within the Spyder's engine bay.

Reactions: Ra_
21 - 33 of 33 Posts