Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellas,
I’m selling my VF Supercharger. It has less than 4K miles. It’s powdercoated Patina Gold. If you think the car is fun to drive now, you’re in for a really good time! I highly recommend upgrading the P Zeros. They just can’t handle all the extra power. It’s amazing because it drives just like stock. It’s just WAY faster. It gives you the extra umph to take on anything you run into on the highway. I’m selling the kit for $16,750. I live in South Florida in case someone wants to do face to face transaction, which I would prefer but is not necessary. Just PM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
949 Posts
tempting lol...why are you selling it.

EDIT: However not much post history and I see this from 7 months ago....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you have any personal performance data like 1/4 mi - 1/2 mi runs or 60-130mph with the kit installed. I know motor trend tested it but would be good to see independent numbers
Isn't the fact that Motor Trend tested the very nature of an independent set of numbers, as they are not associated with VF Engineering and are reputable performance measurement shop, in comparison to johnny with dragy?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Isn't the fact that Motor Trend tested the very nature of an independent set of numbers, as they are not associated with VF Engineering and are reputable performance measurement shop, in comparison to johnny with dragy?
I wanna see what Kamikazee is putting down with His specific supercharger kit. Motor trend can say whatever they want, they spend all day on one 0-60 measurement and then adjust with 5-6 fudge factors. There is no substitute for real world performance numbers.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Best money you will ever spend.
I approve this message-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What does $16,750 get you? Does it also include the required tune?
Thats a great question I never thought of. I think VF would supply the tune considering it is part of the kit I purchased. I’m simply handing over all the components of the kit I received from VF so that you may install it just like I had it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanna see what Kamikazee is putting down with His specific supercharger kit. Motor trend can say whatever they want, they spend all day on one 0-60 measurement and then adjust with 5-6 fudge factors. There is no substitute for real world performance numbers.
I was present during one of the dyno sessions for tuning and I had the dyno sheet. I’m not sure where it is although I’m almost positive that my final peak hp was 688awhp. I think the torque was almost 500awtq. It’s a huge difference over stock. My Porsche 997.2 Turbo was faster until I slapped that baby on the R8. My 997 was slightly modded though it had about 75 extra hp. After the VF800 the R8 would smoke my old Porsche along with everything else I ever ran into. Whoever buys it really needs to invest in better tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any personal performance data like 1/4 mi - 1/2 mi runs or 60-130mph with the kit installed. I know motor trend tested it but would be good to see independent numbers
I never took it to a track. Based on how badly I beat a modded C63s and M3, M4, M5, ZR1’s, Shelby 500’s, and various other challengers, the car was ridiculously fast. A GT2RS gave me a pretty good run for my money but I took it too. I was surprised how it really couldn’t keep up with me. I know this isn’t the same as data from a time slip but its the best I can personally provide. It’s freaking fast! I’m sure that data is out there from other actual users.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tempting lol...why are you selling it.

EDIT: However not much post history and I see this from 7 months ago....

I’m working with Gintani so naturally I’m having their kit installed. It’s currently being installed and should be finished in about 3 more weeks. I’ve been insanely busy so it’s taken me a bit to answer all these questions. I hope I’ve answered everyones questions adequately.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of the reasons I’ve been so busy is because I’ve also been working on what I think is the baddest 50’s small truck on the planet. This is Pretty Penny. She is a 1955 Chevrolet 3100. She has a custom built twin turbo LS motor pushing 1200 horses, custom built chassis with AccuAir E-Level suspension, custom 22” 2 piece wheels, $1300 stereo system with Bluetooth and front and rear cameras, the first penny bed ever done on a pickup among too many other custom mods to possibly mention.
What do you guys think of Pretty Penny?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am interested in your kit. I am checking with VF Engineering about how to handle the software tune, as the kit is pretty useless without. Is the SC black powdercoated or did you have it done in a different color? Also, do you have all of the paperwork associated with it? Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts