Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, this goes to members who already took delivery of their R8.

Mine has about 600 km on it now, just 4 days, but I am a bit dissappointed to report that a vibration has already showed up in the dashboard.:(

Apparently is related to driving on nasty italian broken pavement and sounds like hard plastic vibrating from top of dashbord around the location of the B&O sound diffuser.

I have the Magnetic Ride and did not even try to turn it on the hard setting.

On smooth pavement no problem even during high speed or accelleration.

Anybody experiencing the same?

·
Registered
782 Posts
My dash is ticking and clicking in the left corner on bad roads :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello everybody, this goes to members who already took delivery of their R8.

Mine has about 600 km on it now, just 4 days, but I am a bit dissappointed to report that a vibration has already showed up in the dashboard.:(

Apparently is related to driving on nasty italian broken pavement and sounds like hard plastic vibrating from top of dashbord around the location of the B&O sound diffuser.

I have the Magnetic Ride and did not even try to turn it on the hard setting.

On smooth pavement no problem even during high speed or accelleration.

Anybody experiencing the same?
Sounds as if the sub-woofer might be loose? It is behind the center console.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have identified at least 3 different sources of noise-vibration.

The main one in the grey (standard micrometallic) profile around the instrument pannel.
It vibrates on bad roads, expecially when the car is cold (has been sitting outside in the shadow in cold wether).

Another area of concern is the bottom part of the dash-board just below the MMI controls, where a small open compartment is located.

Finally there is the noise at the top of the dashboard, about were the B&O subwoofer is located (some more hard plastic there).

All in all the impression is that they designed a rather complex dashboard with many pieces and too much hard plastic in some critical areas.

All these inserts they look nice, but they are made of inferior material compared to the soft material of the rest of the cabin. :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts