Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Now, if we all just went around drag racing and emergency stopping for fun. :)

I'd take the LMX in this bunch, as I prefer the V10 and slick DCT but with Gen-1 beauty. I expect the V8 Manual will still deliver the most engaging drive in a twisty canyon, and the GT will remain the most exotic (and likely sought after) of the bunch. The Gen-2, as the latest, will remain the fastest for those who seek it.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Good find Osman. I'd take the LMX too but the Spyder GT is very tempting.

Gosh, looking at the rear of the cars in the lineup, I cringe looking at those gaping exhausts on the Gen2 facelift. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Thanks for posting. Although I'm a manual transmission die-hard, in this instance I would go for the LMX.
I never thought I could give up my manuals but if you want something new and exotic you don't have much of an option anymore. Do find the transmission on my Huracan amazing and does come in handy with extra power supercharger offers but in the end still had that desire for a stick. Finally solved dilemma by adding the Lotus Evora 400, car is a blast and have already down a number of mods. It's tuned, Cold Air Intake, Larini exhaust with decat pipe, carbon fiber side sills and a front splitter. Last weekend did a 4 day rally that consisted of 750 miles and most of it driven through small twisty roads thru New England and New York mountains areas. Was a blast in the Lotus

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
AS POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD FOR THIS VIDEO -

I agree, if the V10's had given it a car lengths start it would have won,as the other 3 drivers would have been staring at the incredibly beautiful rear of the V8 all the way home and not wanting to pass it :cool:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
AS POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD FOR THIS VIDEO -

I agree, if the V10's had given it a car lengths start it would have won,as the other 3 drivers would have been staring at the incredibly beautiful rear of the V8 all the way home and not wanting to pass it :cool:
It's difficult to decide who has the strongest passion: you for the V8 or Howie for anything red. :D

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I never thought I could give up my manuals but if you want something new and exotic you don't have much of an option anymore. Do find the transmission on my Huracan amazing and does come in handy with extra power supercharger offers but in the end still had that desire for a stick. Finally solved dilemma by adding the Lotus Evora 400, car is a blast and have already down a number of mods. It's tuned, Cold Air Intake, Larini exhaust with decat pipe, carbon fiber side sills and a front splitter. Last weekend did a 4 day rally that consisted of 750 miles and most of it driven through small twisty roads thru New England and New York mountains areas. Was a blast in the Lotus

Lovely addition to your stable and I'm sure very engaging to drive.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Lol, I must admit the Ara blue is growing on me. Hmm, maybe it's time to do a blue wrap. I'm getting too much heat for liking RED. :p

It's difficult to decide who has the strongest passion: you for the V8 or Howie for anything red. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am probably the minority, but a Spyder with an Rtronic for me. The GT.

Had the manual and loved it but something about the feel and aggressiveness with the Rtronic I love.

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Lol, I must admit the Ara blue is growing on me. Hmm, maybe it's time to do a blue wrap. I'm getting too much heat for liking RED. :p
My friends Ara at a show this morning, really love that color and if I go back to an R8 will go with that

As for now I have the best of both Worlds with a Red and Blue Car :)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I've come to like red as well. ;)

Tbh, it wasn't my first choice. There were 2 brand new Gen1 R8 left in the whole country, Sepang blue/Brilliant red, and I actually wanted the blue.

Unfortunately, someone had put a deposit on the Sepang a week prior. I never had anything red, car, clothes, or shoes. Now I can put on a dash of red when the occasion calls for it, like Chinese New Year! :p

Don't do it Howie, red is soooooo you :cool:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Yep, that's right. :) I wanted full PPF, and color wraps cost half the price of clear PPF, so it was a no brainer.

The fire red was the closest color to brilliant red but with a bit of pearlescent base to it so it worked out great with a touch of bling.

HowieR8 Fire Red..jpg HowieR8 Fire Red.jpg

Howie, it appears from your signature that you used Fire Red wrap on Brilliant Red. Is that right?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pretty cool to see the difference and the progression of R8s . 10 years later and the Gen2 cars are 2 seconds faster then the gen1 v8 , that's a nice progress

1 - 20 of 23 Posts