Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious.. for those of us that paid to be supporters, is it possible to lower the volume of ads on the site? The site actually takes a while to load with all the crap that's shown (come on, skyscrapers, in-text, multiple banners plus the ebay thing not to mention all the paid links on the side that most of us will never click). I've actually had to put on adblock for Firefox.

I know forums are hard to monetize, but for the folks of us who have actually paid a sum to support the forum, perhaps things could be less annoying.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I was just curious.. for those of us that paid to be supporters, is it possible to lower the volume of ads on the site? The site actually takes a while to load with all the crap that's shown (come on, skyscrapers, in-text, multiple banners plus the ebay thing not to mention all the paid links on the side that most of us will never click). I've actually had to put on adblock for Firefox.

I know forums are hard to monetize, but for the folks of us who have actually paid a sum to support the forum, perhaps things could be less annoying.
I only see a banner ad above the postings. There are some settings you can alter in your user profile so that side bars and ads are not shown

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I'd LOVE to know how to turn the **** ads off!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I only see a banner ad above the postings. There are some settings you can alter in your user profile so that side bars and ads are not shown
Check this out: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/305/6281710384.jpg

That's with adblock plus off. So we have the animated discount tire ad on the left, 2 banner ads above the thread, and let's not forget the slew of paid links to autoguide that most of us will never use.

**** annoying.

*edit* found this, not in options but under "edit profile" (why? no idea):

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/305/5690229177.png

These should be disabled by default when you upgrade IMO. Note, that it gets rid of the annoying sidebar, but the 2 banners at the top remain. Like I said, I understand having to monetize, but this just comes off as money-hungry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts