Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had 997 c4s before this. And, no, I didn't wait for break-in. I for one belives that life is too short for waiting another 2000mile. I can always add oil.

After 200 km of driving hard, I would say R8 is quite something.

Handling- 911 wins. Would say 50% more involving. 911 feels like I am riding much closer to the front wheel. R8 feels more like I have something in between me and the front. But with lane change and correcting through hard acceleration, R8 is better thanks to longer wheelbase and body design.

Speed- Same stuff. No huge difference. R8 is more pushing and revs better over 150km/h. Yes, R8 feels alot safer and 200km/h in R8 feels like 150 in porsche.

6-Speed- Porsche wins. If I have choice again, I will seriously consider R tronic. I will need alot of practice before I can do whatever I did with 911. 4th gear keep bouncing out unless I correctly put it in throughly. Hill and toe with ease because of friendly pedal placement.

Ride- R8! It is right on spot. I was looking for something that can go fast safely without hurting my back. It is night and day. 911 is fun as long as road is good but fun part soon ends. I had a tendency to look at the map before I even start the engine. With R8, I can choose whatever road I feel like. Enter the coner and find out there is big hole on the ground, I just wish for good luck with 911. I now can attack coners knowing R8 will do the job.

Overall- I am really happy I made a right choice. GT3, sure it will be fun, more involving, same price range, and will not tolerate my poor driving. Turbo, it will be faster but I am not into design. But R8 is just so right for my driving style;Weekends driver, carrying 2 golfbags and wife. What I really like about is R8 can be driven like any sedan with much comfort, or can be driven hard keeping revs over 4k all the time without hurting my back. Now it is time to put deposit on R10(?).

Pics will come soon. Oh hey, it was painful to wash out those bugs from the front. 911 was easier:)

R8 Back with lava grey.
6speed
Black alcantara seat and roof
Extended leather

I am not native speaker, so please forgive my spelling.

·
Registered
347 Posts
if i didn't remember incorrectly, you are from Busan, right? wanna come over to seoul? i kept thinking of driving to Busan.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Btw, congrats and please post some pics

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to go to Seoul too. But have to go to China for work for more than 10 days!! And then India for 2 weeks!!!! Ah...no time to drive for a while. Just shoot me a PM when you ever come down to Busan.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Congrats ~ !! :D 800, wanna take a drive down there? hehe... Also, are you gonna do the exhaust valve thing this weekend? Let me know.

·
Registered
347 Posts
yes for both. busan, need to check with my wife. valve, what do i need except the screw drivers?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it is tinted and cops can fine me for that.

Also, it can be hard to drive at night when raining(when with no rain, no problem at all).

However, I prefer not to be found driving R8 by anyone for some reasons.

·
Registered
347 Posts
gee, that's dark! Also, you are from Busan, right? That would be the 2nd 6 speed in Korea then!

I actually have trouble with the side mirror at night. I think it dim automatically when the light from headlights are strong and with the tint on the side windows, it's hard to see out. (Solution: speed up and over-take.)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, it is tinted and cops can fine me for that.

Also, it can be hard to drive at night when raining(when with no rain, no problem at all).

However, I prefer not to be found driving R8 by anyone for some reasons.
The tint law has been lifted in Korea this year. As long as it's not limo tint, it's not against the law. I bet all of the cops in Korea have tints on their cars.;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
but on the front windscreen?! That's dangerous at night...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EdoctaT- Thank you!:)

800- Consider that car is parked inside and light condition affects the picture. Thank you for your concern, but it is not that dark as shown in the pic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts