Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wait a minute, my friends! I decided to start a new thread so that more people will see this (ie this news won't be buried in the old thread). Latest news is that the V10 will live on in the new Huracan! There are a few articles about this, and below is one of them. (y):)

The baby Lambo a.k.a, the Huracan has a bit more life in it, says Lamborghini. New reports suggest that the Huracan replacement will arrive in 2024, and no—it’s not going turbo. The NA V10 will live on, albeit in a symbiotic relationship with electricity. Or, in other words, a plug-in hybrid. Top brass at Lamborghini says the Huracan successor will be closely related to the upcoming Aventador replacement.

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know, I'm getting giddy that we may actually get a NA V10 yet again from Lambo, with some electric assist which is fine by me. I would love if they brought back a 3rd gen R8 with the same drivetrain. It's gonna have batteries, Audi, so get your woke heads out of your butts and give it a green light!

· Registered
2010 R8 V10 Manual 2008 e92 m3 1999 mustang SVT Cobra 2015 Jetta TDI
347 Posts
its going to be a twin turbo v8 with hybrid assist if we are being honest with our selves it will probably be the rs7 engine in some forum as its already adapted to use the hybrid system and they will turn the powertrain in a 180 to make it work in a midship

· Premium Member
6,111 Posts
It's obviously all speculation at this point - I thought Lamborghini once said that they weren't going to turbocharge but just use electric in combination with NA engines? Then again, the Urus came along with a TT V8... maybe, as an SUV, it doesn't "count." :)

I'd prefer to see a naturally aspirated engine with electric assist as it would keep more of the driving dynamics and sound of a pure NA engine car. We'll see. Either way, I do think hybrid supercars will be equivalent to the awkward stages of puberty when we look back on them... a foot in two camps, perhaps a bigger headache to maintain down the road, some awkward behavior as drivetrains "interact" with one another, etc. It may be a relatively short window in the history books.

Reactions: 434

· Registered
51 Posts
Aye, I don’t see the point of hybrids, the problems of both gas and electric all in one car. Better to just get on with it and make a proper electric.
You don't see the point? Have you heard of the Porsche 918? NA V8 revving to 8700 rpms and 2 electric motors to assist, giving us the best of both worlds. Incredible sound and throttle characteristics of an NA engine and electric assist for torque, instant power, and better emissions. I really don't understand why more exotics are not leveraging that approach instead of going turbo.

Best thing Lamborghini can do would be to improve on the 5.2 V10 and have it send power to the rear wheels, and add electric motors with a decent size battery sending power to the front axle. Yes this means more weight, but you have sufficient power to handle that and you retain all the exotic characteristics.

· Premium Member
448 Posts
I know very little about Porsche, fortunately for me I guess that means there’s a lot to discover. I’ll go to the experience center in Atlanta and try some of these out on their track.

Still, nothing beats a proper NA V10 in driving experience. Hybrids will always be trying to replicate it, where as the electrics focus on their strengths in a different direction, massive torque and instant power.

Why send any power to the front? Huracan EVO RWD is pretty great, so too will be the Technica.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts