Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking for a little more power, but unsure where to turn (sans F/I). I currently have the VF/Hex tune, Reid smooth intake pipes, and a straightpipe/x-crossover Avior exhaust. I would like to achieve 500 AWHP, that would be my goal anyways. I am thinking with the mods now I have maybe ~480ish. Any insight would be appreciated, and please note I am not looking to do internals, or F/I.

Thanks all,

Josh

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
2wd really does make a difference. I went from 11.65 1/4 mile at 124 to 11.39 at 126 after the conversion in the same weather conditions. Check me out at Dragtimes.com name Joff Clarke 2011 R8
Pulls a good bit stronger on the top end.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RWD is an option for sure. BUT THOSE HEADERS!!! They are making me really think. I assume engine out huh?

THanks for the tips guys!

·
Supporting Vendor
425 Posts

RE: Want more powah
We'll just leave this right here ...​

Tested on Mustang AWD-500-SE Dynamometer | CA 91 Octane Fuel | at all 4 wheels

STOCK - 402 WHP | 349 WTQ (525bhp)
TUNED - 448 WHP | 369 WTQ (570-580bhp)
S/C'd - 587 WHP | 482 WTQ (750-760bhp)​

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Those look nice, Shardul - but I don’t think a pair of earrings is going to fill the OP’s need for more power.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Or you can just get these :)

Shardul, who makes these and how might they compare in flow or possible realized gains to the LMS header? Guessing they are CAT free headers (only guessing by photo) compared to the 200 cell high flow Cats made by LMS.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you have a V8 and these are V10...no off the shelf headers avaliable for R8 V8 as far as I know.
I guess I lost 2 of my cylinders then, I could have sworn I bought a V10... It was certainly priced and labeled as such..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I guess I lost 2 of my cylinders then, I could have sworn I bought a V10... It was certainly priced and labeled as such..... :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: well then have a 2nd look...I have stolen the two:D

ups I mixed you with another user here...then the LMS headers are your way plus oversized K&N Filters/silicone houses+straight out pipe and a ecu remap. Should give you around 580hp on 102 octane gas...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts