Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my ‘17 V10 Plus now for about 3-4 weeks and I’m loving every minute of it. Out of all the sports/super sports cars I’ve owned, the R8 is by far best I’ve ever experienced. It feels virtually perfect to me and I can’t imagine what could be better. However, I know I won’t keep the car forever and will likely want a different experience (vs getting a 2020) when I part with it in a couple of years.

What car are you considering after the R8 or considering adding to the stable to complement the R8?

Personally, the bar is raised for me and my standard now is at that level of an R8; there’s no way I could ever own another super sports car/exotic that is less than the R8.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
I've just come back from an "Audi Experience" which is part of the Audi Sport package tour, I drove the 2020 RS3/RS4/RS5/RS7/TTRS and the RS6, what a pleasure to get back in my old R8 for the drive home. I don't think I'll bother looking for a replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a 2016 top of the range R8 V10+ for almost 2 years and loved owning it. I was recently considering a Huracan, Ferrari 488 and McLaren 720s and ended up buying another R8... :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Performante or 720S are the only cars on my list that can replace my R8

·
Registered
132 Posts
Agreed

I test drove a 720S.

Very impressive, however they really need to sort their reliability and after sales support out, before I would consider it.

Shame, as 720S Spyder looks excellent.

They will release an AWD in the near future.

Perhaps they will improve in due course, perhaps not.

The R8 V10 Plus is a great all round package.

I would never buy the 720S buddy had a horrible nightmare with his 720S, horrible reliability

·
Registered
130 Posts
For me a 488 or Huracan would be my only next choice. I will say that the reliability for me has been amazing in my first "Supercar" not even sure if I call an R8 that but for me reliability played a big roll in my decisions on the R8 over other cars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For me a 488 or Huracan would be my only next choice. I will say that the reliability for me has been amazing in my first "Supercar" not even sure if I call an R8 that but for me reliability played a big roll in my decisions on the R8 over other cars.
R8 is definitely a Supercar exotic. Relatively Low production numbers, 0-60 in 2.6-2.7, V10 mid-mounted engine, exotics looks, etc. Surprisingly, I don’t ever foresee myself getting a Ferrari.

I think I’m in the same boat; would have to be a Huracan or, if not, I would get another R8.

·
Registered
90 Posts
570S, 488, Huracan are all great choices but the service costs favor the R8.
Yeah was just going to say a Huracan would be my step up but 2 hours away is closest dealer and don’t think I would be ok with the cost of service....I whine at the Mercedes dealer. 😂

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the Lambo maintenance really that bad, considering you buy their maintenance plan? I’ve never had a Lambo so no clue on their service costs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So many great semi-exotic cars out there these days. It really comes down to what's important to you. For me, I want a car to be exciting to drive, attractive, reliable and easy to get serviced quickly. The R8 checks all of those boxes but it's not alone. I'll add Mercedes GTC/GTR to the mix.

·
Registered
799 Posts
So many great semi-exotic cars out there these days. It really comes down to what's important to you. For me, I want a car to be exciting to drive, attractive, reliable and easy to get serviced quickly. The R8 checks all of those boxes but it's not alone. I'll add Mercedes GTC/GTR to the mix.
View attachment 247518
I wonder what is the definition of semi exotic?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
720S is the progression

Personally I cannot ask for a better two car garage...two of the best cars Audi has to offer...

'17 R8 V10 Plus for driving to work and having fun
'18 RS7 Performance for when I need to transport and still have fun

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great setup.

View attachment 247518

·
Registered
3 Posts
R8 is the best car I ever had. But I love to switch cars, so eventually looking to go down in budget first (mini clubman jcw? Z4 40i? Alpine A110?) and then try a Ferrari (488?) or McLaren (720 spider). But I expect to come back to the R8 after that, I love it so much :love:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts