Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My only hesitation with getting a Huracan down the line is the attention is garners. So far, the R8 V10 Plus gets attention but people aren't running up to me every time I pull up at a gas station. However, with a Huracan, I'm sure it'll become a bit irritating at the amount of attention it'll get. 720S looks good as well, but haven't been hearing good ownership stories.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm enjoying my Gen1 V10 R8 right now and plan to do so for the next couple of years as I have it set up exactly how I want it with after market wheels, and a tune and an AVIOR titanium exhaust going on this spring. However I do want to step up to either a Performante or the Huracan Evo but will wait to see their depreciation bottom out. I also like the idea of owning a 488 and may consider that too but I really do prefer the experience of a NA engine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No EVO or EVO RWD for you?
If I have a choice on the same platform I'd take AWD over RWD any day . EVO is nice but Performante looks much better

Reactions: jamieuk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Every time I go for a drive in the R8 a 650S comes out of nowhere and destroys me (thumbs up after but still...) So naturally I've been looking at 12C's, 650S etc but the reliability and lack of dealers where I am has put me off. I'm still going to drive one soon though to see what it's actually like. They don't sound anywhere near as good as the R8 though and I'd lose the shifter which would suck. It's a hard call.

·
Registered
11 Posts
600LT or 488. Huracan's are like Mustangs around here anymore. A Performante would be nice one day though. Beside the V10 Plus I have a 911 Turbo so I get the best of both the NA and FI worlds.

·
Registered
731 Posts
my next will be either an F8 or 2022 mid engined Vanquish- i hear you'll be able to order a manual in that one. i've had 4 R8's. time to let the brunettes go and go for a redhead or a blonde.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Do we with Aston Martin will still be in business then? ;)

my next will be either an F8 or 2022 mid engined Vanquish- i hear you'll be able to order a manual in that one. i've had 4 R8's. time to let the brunettes go and go for a redhead or a blonde.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
McLaren or 488 does seem to make the most sense after R8. I feel like I shouldn't get another V10 after the R8 because eventually they won't be produced anymore and replaced with V8 twin-turbo or hybrid. May be better to start letting go of V10's sooner rather than later, I dunno. Have to consider a Porsche GT3/RS, but, I want to stick with a road car that has great daily livability and Porsche GT cars are really meant for the track IMO.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I’m British and I agree, although it’s specifically, British Sportscars/Supercars

Range Rovers, Bentleys and Rolls Royce all OK.

Sort it out McLaren.

I would never buy a British car, nothing against the Brits but horrible reliability record, sorry.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I’m British and I agree, although it’s specifically, British Sportscars/Supercars

Range Rovers, Bentleys and Rolls Royce all OK.

Sort it out McLaren.
Range Rover...reliability... ? ? ? ?

·
Registered
731 Posts
nope land rovers are dismal. we've had four. only one we had was bulletproof- and it was the end of year cycle of the gen 1 sport. my heart goes out to the poor sods who are lining up for the first batch of new defenders ?

i'd give the aston a chance when the time comes- always wanted one and the new vanquish will be mid engined, light, lithe, and gorgeous- and will have a true manual option. and dealer in town is excellent. but, if not, i'll go with the italian. nothing wrong with the R8, but it's just time for a change. i'd skip on mclaren all the way. they've had 10 yrs to get the assembly right and they still cant. everyone knows someone with a mclaren that left them stranded. and i am no exception. to me mclaren has almost become a cliche of itself. you'd think they're made by ex land rover employees.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Verde Mantis Performante with stage 2 TT kit making around 1000hp would be my ultimate car to get.

Reactions: R_8cho
21 - 40 of 95 Posts