Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Time to look for another mechanic I guess.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time to look for another mechanic I guess.
It was an Audi main dealer... it’s not the first time they’ve left parts off the car either!

I’ve just checked and the part we have is from a different car, a gen 2. Why the trunk on our car was being used to store parts from another I do not know

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dealerships are a joke sometimes. I had a Lexus dealer that tried to tell me that the dust cover from my engine was missing when it came to them. They were the only one that had serviced that car at that point.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
If only he wasn’t 4 hours away! I’m not sure how non main dealer servicing affects resale either
Any R8 enthusiast who sees the care for sale he's interested in has been serviced by Ricky, would regard that as a big positive factor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My last car had main dealer only "servicing" Northampton/Tetbury/Swindon I think.

The pollen filters were just jammed in all curled up? They sump drain threads were all stripped from being over torqued and the plugs had never been swapped. The ducts under the oil tank were shredded to. The dealers just shrugged it all off.

I did loads of TLC on it myself and also got a local indy to help with the messy extra tasks.

New sump was £675 plus fitting - that was a bitter pill after paying £480 just for an oil change - that all got thrown away.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any R8 enthusiast who sees the care for sale he's interested in has been serviced by Ricky, would regard that as a big positive factor.
I’d still have the take the car to the main dealer for warranty wouldn’t I? And would using using Ricky for servicing invalidate the warranty?

My last car had main dealer only "servicing" Northampton/Tetbury/Swindon I think.

The pollen filters were just jammed in all curled up? They sump drain threads were all stripped from being over torqued and the plugs had never been swapped. The ducts under the oil tank were shredded to. The dealers just shrugged it all off.

I did loads of TLC on it myself and also got a local indy to help with the messy extra tasks.

New sump was £675 plus fitting - that was a bitter pill after paying £480 just for an oil change - that all got thrown away.
Did you call Audi national customer service? So far, they’ve sorted all my issues no questions asked ... I’d just rather not have the issues at all!

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
For the benifit of the more "mature" owners, it would appear that the OP's dealership has started a new reward program - Instead of offering Green shield stamps they're offering Heat shield stamps.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Re: What’s this part Audi left off?

For the benifit of the more "mature" owners, it would appear that the OP's dealership has started a new reward program - Instead of offering Green shield stamps they're offering Heat shield stamps.
You will need to be very mature to remember those Dave. :D

·
Registered
748 Posts

This has made my day DaveL. :D. I have just stopped laughing...

I remember my farther collecting them.

:):):)

·
Registered
361 Posts

I can remember going with my parents to the Green Shield shop and seeing people with about 20 books full exchanging for an iron or something small.

Green_Shield_stamp.jpg

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts