Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what color wheels would you go with for my car which is Xpel Stealth Black (matte black) with Porsche Acid Green accents?

1. Gloss Black
2. Gunmetal
3. __

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mines same. Xpel stealth. Green calipers. I added gloss clear to my wheels to break up the black.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice bro!! So I decided to go with black chrome for my wheel color/finish. Since they’re a monoblock and not a two-piece I asked my shop if they can powder coat the wheel lips with gloss black (or another finish/color) and they said yes. Also they can powder coat the acid green accents right on the wheel.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something like this in the pic. I can get that lip done in gloss black w the same accents. Then the center (spokes) will be in black chrome. That contrast WILL POP! Want to be a little unique. Although all my cars have gloss black wheels which are my fav. I want my

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooooh I likey

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Thanks bud. So what I’m doing is having my wheels sent directly to my mod shop and they will give to their powder coat shop to do the accents i want.

Basically: wheels coming in one color since they’re monoblock. Which is black chrome. Then will have the lip powder coated in gloss black. And then the acid green accents in the groove of the lip as you see.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and I purchased the Same exact wheels in the pic

·
Registered
341 Posts
Something like this in the pic. I can get that lip done in gloss black w the same accents. Then the center (spokes) will be in black chrome. That contrast WILL POP! Want to be a little unique. Although all my cars have gloss black wheels which are my fav. I want my
View attachment 259307
Omg. That looks sick!!!! Now I need to finally get my r8 to go with the wheels

Any more full pics. I would totally do a green caliper green accent in Rims. Oh man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Omg. That looks sick!!!! Now I need to finally get my r8 to go with the wheels

Any more full pics. I would totally do a green caliper green accent in Rims. Oh man.

These are my OEM wheels that I had redone in gloss black (from matte black) and had the green accents added.

there are many shades of green. Couldn’t believe how many diff paint codes so left it up to my shop to pick which would really pop. And left it up to them for the design with a little input from me

·
Registered
341 Posts
View attachment 259345

These are my OEM wheels that I had redone in gloss black (from matte black) and had the green accents added.

there are many shades of green. Couldn’t believe how many diff paint codes so left it up to my shop to pick which would really pop. And left it up to them for the design with a little input from me
Oh that’s right! I believe I saw when you posted these originally.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks bud. They did a really really good powder coat job on them. I just hope w the new wheels I’m happy w the offsets and concavity. I used the calculators and whatnot. Also depends on the style of the wheel. You never know how they’re gonna look until they send you the cpu rendering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts