Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
A BIG change between years is the interior lighting. MY 08 has red instrument & interior lighting. MY 09 went to white lighting & LED lighting. Search this site, there are several threads with pics of each.

I think the engine deck lid release was repositioned in 09. HARRISON's 08 has a release handle below the dash. The 09 release is behind the driver's seat by the seat belt.

Polished alloys & titanium alloys became available in 09.

More?!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Differences for the '10 models are new MMI and the availability of AMI, there is probly more but i don't know about them.

P.S Are those differences in both V8 and V10 or just V10 :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i suppose transmission software for r-tronic and/or drivetrain upgrades have not featured in any MY changes?

The reason I'm asking is because I am looking for an R8 and can get a better deal,of course, on an earlier car but wanted to know if there are any differences between them. tks

·
Registered
761 Posts
i suppose transmission software for r-tronic and/or drivetrain upgrades have not featured in any MY changes?

The reason I'm asking is because I am looking for an R8 and can get a better deal,of course, on an earlier car but wanted to know if there are any differences between them. tks

Main difference, as R84ME stated, is the instrument & interior lighting (red for 08 models and white for 09s). The white is stunning. Not a fan of the red.

Yes, no doubt that transmission software upgrade will make R-Tronic smoother. I feel a difference between the before and after of 1st maintenance.

Many members commented that the R8 V10 R-Tronic is smoother than their previous R8 V8.

·
Registered
295 Posts
my2010

R8:
• Launch new R8 5.2 V10 in Manual and R tronic variants, 525hp
• New Navigation system with improved graphics, traffic data, and true AMI capability
• New option: full LED headlights (standard on V10)
• New option: Audi music interface available with Navigation
• New option: Wheels in Titanium finish
• New Audi Exclusive options from quattro GmbH: Carbon fiber door sill inserts, carbon fiber exterior mirrors, carbon fiber exterior body elements, illuminated door sill inserts, piano black interior inlays

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
my2010

R8:
• Launch new R8 5.2 V10 in Manual and R tronic variants, 525hp
• New Navigation system with improved graphics, traffic data, and true AMI capability
• New option: full LED headlights (standard on V10)
• New option: Audi music interface available with Navigation
• New option: Wheels in Titanium finish
• New Audi Exclusive options from quattro GmbH: Carbon fiber door sill inserts, carbon fiber exterior mirrors, carbon fiber exterior body elements, illuminated door sill inserts, piano black interior inlays
Can you get the illuminated door sill inserts?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Who else has said its smoother apart from Steve Hovy?
The gear shifting software in my '08 V8 R-tronic has been upgraded twice ... the second one (earlier this year) was not a "recall" (the first was) but was done as a "customer satisfaction campaign". I don't think that there is any evidence that the V10 R-tronic SW is significantly different from that of the V8 ... I suspect that any subjective differences in smoothness are more due to the characteristics of the engine than those of the R-tronic.

BTW ... I think Davey_Dee is correct that only one forum member has made this observation.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The gear shifting software in my '08 V8 R-tronic has been upgraded twice ... the second one (earlier this year) was not a "recall" (the first was) but was done as a "customer satisfaction campaign". I don't think that there is any evidence that the V10 R-tronic SW is significantly different from that of the V8 ... I suspect that any subjective differences in smoothness are more due to the characteristics of the engine than those of the R-tronic.

BTW ... I think Davey_Dee is correct that only one forum member has made this observation.
Like I said: I have better things to do in life other than keeping note of who said what.

Maybe it was a general way of saying it is smoother than "yes in fact it is smoother".

Gotta love people picking on useless little things of life!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was asking so i could read what they said about it not picking on useless things...
I must have mixed "many members" with what Steve said + software upgrades on the V8 + articles I read on the V10 + what the Audi salesman said at my last visit about the upcoming V10 + ...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts