Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it stands now the r8's residuals are very good due to its high demand and relatively low output....how do you think the v10 will affect this?
Although it will be a different price point will it make the r8 less desirable?

·
Registered
943 Posts
As it stands now the r8's residuals are very good due to its high demand and relatively low output....how do you think the v10 will affect this?
Although it will be a different price point will it make the r8 less desirable?
I think it will depend more on the milage of the car. The v10 isn't like a jump from 360 to 430, or 996 to 997. It's more like 360 to 360CS or C4S to Turbo.

I wouldn't expect a huge drop until a completely new generation/model arrives.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It will also actually depend on how many people in V8's that want the V10 instead. That would lead to a glut of the V8 - driving down prices

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Also depends how well it drives - the very strong reviews and awards for the v8 r8 have certainly helped shake off the "it's just another audi" tag and keep demand strong.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont think it will effect it much, as mentioned above its like the porker CS and the Turbo, two different buyers for each car

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it's fair to expect prices to soften as more R8's are made, whether V8s, V10s or Spyders. I don't think they'd drop more than that (than because of sheer numbers on the road) unless the V10 makes the V8 look a bad buy, which it can only do if it is faster, handles better and is not significantly more expensive. Adding 100bhp and keeping the handling sweet must be tough enough, but if Audi were to accomplish that there's no way they'd price it less than 10k GBP more than the V8 - I don't think they miss many opportunities to pass up revenue! I expect V8 demand to stay healthy.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Are you coming to the Herts meet tomorrow? (subject to snow....)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts