Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My R8 is my daily driver (companion took possession of my A8 - impossible to pry it out of her fingers now after she initially announced that she wouldn't drive it because it looks like a car in which senior officials are driven around in...), so I do carry around the usual odds and ends, from a phone charger to a few cans of fizzy water and chocolate bars.

We all know that the R8 doesn't exactly have a large glove compartment or door storage and I did not think of ordering the storage option.

This is my set-up :
  • Two elongated black fabric boxes (Ikea), each taking up close to half of the shelf behind the seats, held in place by a black Audi luggage net that I had lying around in the garage
  • A grey pouch with maps behind the driver's seat
  • A small computer bag under each seat
Altogether it works pretty well and is either invisible or looks like it belongs.

Other (and maybe better) solutions ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Pulling about 1G in corners, not much stays anywhere!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pulling about 1G in corners, not much stays anywhere!!
That's why I have that luggage net. :) It works surprisingly well.

The pouch behind and the computer bags under the seats are not going anywhere.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You don't even want to know what is in the trunk of my car!

Guess I will remove it before I drive through Germany next week though. It would kind of sound inconsistent with what the speedometer will likely show then.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I go everywhere with the r8 when not commuting to/from work. I put my phone charger in the compartment between the seats, bottled water in the drink holder, sunglasses under the seat, umbrella in the net behind the seat, supermarket shopping in the trunk (but fruit and stuff in the net behind the seat), finally the glove box is filled with CDs.

(Daily drive is a Hyundai Sonata, a company car. In Korea you have to drive what everyone drives.)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Can't say I've had to lug too much stuff around lately. I'm making a weekend trip tomorrow, so we'll find out how everything fits.

Glove compartment is full of manuals and papers. Storage underseats is currently unused except for storing the lighter piece. The front can hold a decent amount if packed properly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
We're off camping at Le Mans, then off for a week with friends in Provence in June - so luggage space will be interesting!!

I have the front luggage kit, and out 2 'wheely' suitcases fit perfectly on the rear shelf, so its actually not bad at all.

Now where should I put the tent?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I use my R8 when I go hunt. I reach the wood doing some off-road with the R8. I usually hunt bear and moose. Once, I got a 750 pound black kodiak bear. I was able to fit it on the passenger seat.

Joking :D

The only thing I have a quart of oil and I use the 3 piece black leather luggage from bespoke luggage when I take the R8 to commute between Boston and Montreal.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The little drawers under each seat are easily forgotten.I forget my sunglasses in those sometimes! Tell girls to pack lightly.Space is limited when it has to be shared with others. Glove box is adequate ,thank God. Anyone seen a roof rack for the R 8 ?? Can a gun rack be put onto rear glass?? Any pics of an R 8 with ski racks on it??:D:eek: Plenty of little pockets everywhere !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts