62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 R8 Just over 6000miles in 10 months
I have this display pop up
Can anyone help me with info
Do i need to fill oil
Why sooner than 1 year/10000 miles?
Is this expected?
Just swapped the OEM exhaust to a QS 2 days ago.Is this related?
Thx so much

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
You use oil when driving especially during break in period of a motor. Just do as it’s request. Add one quart of oil and you’ll be in good shape.
Personally I change mine every 5K miles but that’s just me protecting my investment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You use oil when driving especially during break in period of a motor. Just do as it’s request. Add one quart of oil and you’ll be in good shape.
Personally I change mine every 5K miles but that’s just me protecting my investment.
Most Grateful. Thank you !
Where do I add the Oil? in the Engine Bay?
SOrry for the annoyance.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The oil cap is located right in front of the intake manifold. It looks just like this. You can’t miss it.

Unscrew the cap, add just half of a liter, close the cap, and measure the oil level. On the display, it should show more than half full (you’ll see what I mean when you measure it.) If it is not more than half, add a third of a liter, and measure again. Keep adding more until it is more than half full (the shop manual says it should show 1/3rd empty.)

Be patient! If you overfill it, you’ll have to take the excess out.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
This has to be a troll

Reactions: viappc

·
Registered
992 Posts
Go to the dealership and pickup 2 liters of oil for your VIN.

Behind your seat there's button to open your engine glass.

Where you see the plastic trim piece that says V10 5.2 FSI there's a round cover with a yellow oil pan on it. Open it (counter-clockwise) while the car is cold and add like 700 mL of the oil (you don't need to add 1 quart - it always goes back to max with 700 mL).

This is normal, modern engines eat up oil and at 6000 miles - you've got a healthy engine. It would be a concern if it did this every 1000 miles.

This has to be a troll
I doubt it - most people just want to drive their cars and let the dealer handle it.

·
Registered
2020 performance coupe Mythos black
622 Posts
While you’re sitting in the car….that little door in front of the other seat…open it, there will be a thick book in there…..that is the owners manual……read it ……Jesus.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
It means what it says…top up the oil. Most cars consume some oil between changes, and some Audis consume a lot. Often the difference comes down to how the car was run in when bought new. Too many people molly coddle the car when running in, which leads to glazing of the rings and bores, and prevents the rings from bedding in as well as they should.

Reactions: RWD
1 - 12 of 12 Posts