Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

We've decided to go with Capristo on our widebody R8 build.

So, I wanted to ask, what exhaust are you running and why?

Post some photos and a soundclip, if you can!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Capristo is very good, sounds deep like a muscle car. I run a quicksilver and its just really loud (just absolutely screams, folks 1/4 mile away can hear it). Given your impressive and crazy build, I would recommend the center exit exhaust, a buddy of mine has it and it looks and sounds awesome.

·
Vendor
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Capristo is very good, sounds deep like a muscle car. I run a quicksilver and its just really loud (just absolutely screams, folks 1/4 mile away can hear it). Given your impressive and crazy build, I would recommend the center exit exhaust, a buddy of mine has it and it looks and sounds awesome.
How is the Quicksilver on cabin noise?

The 1016 Center exit is definitely unique!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I run a Capristo and am delighted with all aspects of it. With the valves open its plenty loud enough but not stupid loud and emits a real scream at higher revs. With the valves closed its much the same as stock and ideal for highway trips as there is no cabin drone.

·
Vendor
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run a Capristo and am delighted with all aspects of it. With the valves open its plenty loud enough but not stupid loud and emits a real scream at higher revs. With the valves closed its much the same as stock and ideal for highway trips as there is no cabin drone.
That's great to know,

Post sound clips if you can, guys!

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Capristo imo ruins the sound of the V10, it takes the high pitch scream away and makes it deeper, worst yet is yhe fact at low revs/speeds it sounds hollow and airy like a drain pipe. Hearing one in person you'll understand what i mean. Out of all the systems iv heard id say the Quicksilver is at the top and oddly the Miltek is very good and usually i hate all things Miltek. Just good for thought

·
Vendor
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Capristo imo ruins the sound of the V10, it takes the high pitch scream away and makes it deeper, worst yet is yhe fact at low revs/speeds it sounds hollow and airy like a drain pipe. Hearing one in person you'll understand what i mean. Out of all the systems iv heard id say the Quicksilver is at the top and oddly the Miltek is very good and usually i hate all things Miltek. Just good for thought
Interesting! I'll keep my ears peeled when we get the install finished up and see if we need to switch it over to the Tubi, then.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Larini Club Sport because I paid $1600 shipped for it used. Can't complain it's valved and sounds great.

·
Vendor
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
282 Posts
I use criminal VW stock exhaust. :D
I use Audi Sport exhaust. It is loud enough (not to the point of being obnoxious, but makes sure the cat’s presence is known) and has plenty of cracks and blurbs.

With the recent laws passed, I cannot get a louder exhaust (each “fix it” ticket is $1105]

·
Registered
778 Posts
I use Audi Sport exhaust. It is loud enough (not to the point of being obnoxious, but makes sure the cat’s presence is known) and has plenty of cracks and blurbs.

With the recent laws passed, I cannot get a louder exhaust (each “fix it” ticket is $1105]
Really? just cuz the exhaust? wow

·
Registered
290 Posts
Anyone in chicago with an aftermarket exhaust or completely stock we can do a rev video comparison.
I was in Chicago last weekend , I have Quicksilver on mine . It sounds great

·
Registered
282 Posts
Really? just cuz the exhaust? wow
Yep, good old California. The law just became effective this year.

Actually I kind of agree with the change. There are a lot of kids removing/modifying their exhausts, making their Hondas very very loud. I am not dis'ing Hondas. They are very good cars. But a loud car does not mean a fast/sport/muscle car :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts