Audi R8 Forums banner

What exhaust are you running on your Gen 2?

12K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  R_8cho 
#1 ·
Hi folks!

We've decided to go with Capristo on our widebody R8 build.

So, I wanted to ask, what exhaust are you running and why?

Post some photos and a soundclip, if you can!

#2 ·
Capristo is very good, sounds deep like a muscle car. I run a quicksilver and its just really loud (just absolutely screams, folks 1/4 mile away can hear it). Given your impressive and crazy build, I would recommend the center exit exhaust, a buddy of mine has it and it looks and sounds awesome.

#4 ·
I run a Capristo and am delighted with all aspects of it. With the valves open its plenty loud enough but not stupid loud and emits a real scream at higher revs. With the valves closed its much the same as stock and ideal for highway trips as there is no cabin drone.

#7 ·
The Capristo imo ruins the sound of the V10, it takes the high pitch scream away and makes it deeper, worst yet is yhe fact at low revs/speeds it sounds hollow and airy like a drain pipe. Hearing one in person you'll understand what i mean. Out of all the systems iv heard id say the Quicksilver is at the top and oddly the Miltek is very good and usually i hate all things Miltek. Just good for thought

#9 ·
Larini Club Sport because I paid $1600 shipped for it used. Can't complain it's valved and sounds great.

#46 ·
He has some personal business to take care of and im getting the steel kline fitted this week. My plan is to do stock (friend has a suzuka 17 plus) vs kline vs B Rogue. Im gonna tell u right now having heard the valveless B Rogue it will be NO contest. That system sounds like a wild animal blasting bazookas. I didnt have the cojones to step directly up to that system but they are doing my install because their shop is amazing. First class group of people too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.