Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is just a general question I’ve always wondered as I see different audi r8’s.

I’ve seen silver, black, body coloured, matte black, carbon even light grey

Are these all factory options ? Or which ones were factory options ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
My understanding is there were several color options for the side blades (think a silver color was standard on the v8s at one point) in addition to paint match and gloss carbon. Matte carbon (on the gen 1 at least) was a GT exclusive I believe.

Plenty of people also wrap them in my experience, which adds to the variety you might see. Not sure how you'd find exactly what colors were factory without finding an order guide for the year you're interested in though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My understanding is there were several color options for the side blades (think a silver color was standard on the v8s at one point) in addition to paint match and gloss carbon. Matte carbon (on the gen 1 at least) was a GT exclusive I believe.

Plenty of people also wrap them in my experience, which adds to the variety you might see. Not sure how you'd find exactly what colors were factory without finding an order guide for the year you're interested in though.
This makes sense. I’ve recently put down a deposit on one. But on my search - all the ones without mag ride and B&O had the silver trim so I assumed it was a basic/standard side blade

·
Registered
10 Posts
There was the option of lava grey, oxygen silver, carbon or simply to have them the same colour as the rest of the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was the option of lava grey, oxygen silver, carbon or simply to have them the same colour as the rest of the car.
& Quartz grey metallic like Larry’s 2015 had^

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I’ve seen this online. Would you say this is CF or Lava grey?

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's Lava my car came with tem but I swapped for CF it's the nuts
Don't listen to people who advocate CF wrap or hydrodipping. The real thing in the sun light is stunningly beautiful

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's Lava my car came with tem but I swapped for CF it's the nuts
Don't listen to people who advocate CF wrap or hydrodipping. The real thing in the sun light is stunningly beautiful
How much did you pay?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 09 V8 is Mugello Blue Pearl with Night Blue blades. Factory colors.

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
So, there were actually significantly more colors offered than most people realized. Even as far as "silver" goes, there were several colors (Ice Silver, Apollo Silver, and Quartz Gray). The colors you could choose were also tied to the color of the car - you couldn't just mix and match anything you wanted.

See the pic below that shows which sideblade color was standard and which were optional based upon the body color. The large color block in the center is the body color. Small block above it is the standard blade color, and the small blocks below it were the options. Carbon and Oxygen Silver were the two options available on every color; however, each color, as you can see also had other options.

This is from the original (2008 Model Year) sales brochure, so some of this may have changed in later years - I haven't compared the various brochures. On a related note, you can also see the standard and extended leather coverage on the following page.

R8 Pre-Facelift Leather Options.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts