Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little surprized that the rear wheels seem to accumulate more brake dust than the front wheels.

Anyway what is the best way to keep brake dust from sticking on the rims ? Wax them ?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Use a rimwax like:

Chemical Guys Rimwax, Poorboy's Wheel Sealant or WheelWax.

Buy the EZ Detail Brush, and a wheel face brush from Mothers Wax or Meguiar's. And use a normal microfiber towel to clean behind the spokes!

After waxing just clean with water and shampoo. Try to clean your rims every week.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i would just add, that in addition to guilty's comments, i hit my wheels with a small "duster" (dont rub, just lightly wipe- more like a flick) that only sees wheels. then they get detail sprayed...
how often depends on how much driving and how they look.
wheels can also stay cleaner with rev-match downshifting... when you minimize the use of the brakes.

·
Registered
782 Posts
BTW Wanabe, are you a detailer?

A duster is great. The California mini duster does it fine as I can remember.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a bit OTT
I tend to agree with you, but then driving an R8 in itself is OTT. I think that I met more people during the last week (since I took delivery of the car) than in the past 5 years... :D

I never wanted to be famous, but now I know what it feels like to be a star !

·
Registered
155 Posts
i neeed to waite another 6 months. I live in israel they only started selling 911 two years ago so i guess i should expect a reaction...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts