Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week We were looking back at some old EBC Brake photos and brochures from 'days gone by' which then got us talking about the first vehicles we all owned (some of these can be seen in our new 'Taking a Break' YouTube series Taking a Brake with the EBC Team | Episode 1: Group CEO, James Hallett - YouTube

So, the question We have is what was the first vehicle you owned and what was so special or, not so special about it?
Was there anything 'quirky' about it? Did it have a name? Did you do any special upgrades to it?

We would love to see photos of your first vehicle and will be sending some free EBC goodies (Cap, Mug, Pen, Lanyard, you know the sort of things!) to a randomly selected forum user.

Get searching for those old photos in those attics/lofts/garages/under parent's beds or just on your phone or computer if you are from the younger generation.

We can't wait to see what you all used to drive, and I am sure occasionally push!

My first car was a Renault GT Turbo Raider with the colour coded wheels. No real modifications to be done so kept it standard, which in those days was more than enough. I wish I still had it as it would have made me a small fortune......

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
1987 Toyota Camry LE
Parents bought new in 1987 and gave to me. Dad eventually wanted it back and I inherited their 1999 Chevy Camaro.

Attachments

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Austin Mini 850. Thrashed it mercilessly for a year and then upgraded to a 1275 Cooper S.

·
Registered
64 Posts
R5 Raider........my dream car in 1990 but couldn't afford the insurance so instead bought an AX GT......wish I still had either.
First ever car was mostly a 1981 Alfasud, reasonable amount of rust/air gaps made up the rest.

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
R5 Raider........my dream car in 1990 but couldn't afford the insurance so instead bought an AX GT......wish I still had either.
First ever car was mostly a 1981 Alfasud, reasonable amount of rust/air gaps made up the rest.
I was so happy to have it, also had a 1.7 GTX, not so quick but still a good car. I liked the AX GT.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I don't unfortunately have any photos of mine (too long ago) but it was Rolls Royce Silver grey with a candy apple green roof.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dreadful i know, but a 1976 Triumph TR7 in carmine red. I blame youth and lack of experience :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Now I feel old. It was a 1974(ish) Renault, with less than 800cc engine and a distributor (I remember that distributor well. I had to adjust it every other week.) It was fast, spacious, used little gas, and on and on. Best car ever, until...
I bought a Beetle (I think that was a 1961) all 30HP (or maybe less)... It could only run for 2 hours before overheating and could not climb steep hills (but used even less gas so it was better.) A great chick magnet.
Kept it for a long time. Even got a custom plate "FEATURE" (let's see if anyone gets the joke...)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Way back in 1983... when it was ok to call people names (just showed you were an idiot) but didn't get you banned or canceled by the thought police... I bought a Datsun B210 with a Pontiac Trans-Am motor... bought it from a fellow soldier when I was 18 yrs old in the Army... it was fast and was gallons per mile instead of miles per gallon!! ha hahhahahaah

Ahhhh, the good ol days.. and it was ok to fight as long as you didn't start it... there were only 2 sexes (male and female)... life was simple...sigh...

·
Registered
V8 2008
50 Posts
My current V8 R8 is my first car! Been three years (13k miles) and still loving it. I live in the city and never had the need for a car...still don't :) However best choice I made for a first car. Just makes me want more and more now..and reading forums and owning the car last three years ...I have gained a lot of knowledge so definitely ready for more !!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts