Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new V10 exhaust tip is strange to say the least. FOUR Exhaust muffler tips...Uneven diameters and exiting TWO oval body mounted tips. Just who is Audi trying to imitate with this set-up?? Looks O.K. 'till you look closer . Awesome car otherwise . I.M.O. :) pics at gallery...harrison

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
They look fine to me. They could definitely be worse [insert silly ricer car pic]. Perhaps STaSIS or Kreissig with improve on them.

Speaking of which, the cars have been out for like a week in the US and not a peep in the forum? I am ready for vids of reving V10s with aftermarket exhaust. Hurry up already.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I can see benefits to this system.

I hate the look of a car when the exhaust 'tips' (as you guys call them) come out through the rear bodywork off centre.

With this system they will always look perfectly centred but the actual pipes are free to move a bit inside.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
The new V10 exhaust tip is strange to say the least. FOUR Exhaust muffler tips...Uneven diameters and exiting TWO oval body mounted tips. Just who is Audi trying to imitate with this set-up?? Looks O.K. 'till you look closer . Awesome car otherwise . I.M.O. :) pics at gallery...harrison
Just trying to differentiate it from the V8 I suspect, visually.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
the v8 has fake tips too, so other than changing the visual impact I don't think they were trying to fool anyone with the v10 setup.

·
Registered
313 Posts
the reason for this is , that if they were fixed audi would have had problems , because of the movement of the engine, when you accelerate, the exhaust would hit constantly again the rear bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts