Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is scheduled for delivery in late August or early September. I could likely drive it until some time in November if I wanted to push things a bit. Datyona Grey with Quartz grey blades. Today I get a call from the dealer. They have a car in the showroom and the purchaser my not follow through on the purchase. Phantom Black with Daytona Grey blades they think. Other options are pretty close to what I wanted including a manual transmission. If the potential purchaser cannot commit by tomorrow, I can have the vehicle this week. So the skill testing question is - what would YOU do.

Signed - dazed and confused.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would take it. :D I personally think Black is so much better looking on the R8 than the Daytona Grey, but that's just my opinion. Also, the blades would be Lava grey than Daytona grey. Unless they recently added that color option.

IMHO, I would like to take delivery of a new car before Summer rather than at the end of it. More time to enjoy. ;)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Is it a demo car? If so I probably wouldn't.

If it is one off the static display then it is only kids dirty hands to worry about then get it

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it has delivery mileage only, I would take it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
take it!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very simple. (1) do you like the color/blade combination and equipment levels in the car as much as you original order? If yes, then (2) does the early purchase create a financial hardship? If no. Then what are you waiting for?

The only reason I would wait is because I don't like the color and spec's of the car.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Buying now may also save a price increase, given the strength of Euro. Most manufacturers tend have a price increase for August / September, so if you like the spec - go for it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
<snip> does the early purchase create a financial hardship?
If the early purchase creates a financial hardship, don't buy it. Not now and not in a few months.

The R8 is a wonderful car, but no car on earth is worth getting in financial trouble over.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There would be no financial impact - now vs later. Turns out this whole thing is one big false alarm. The dealer yo-yo'd me around by telling me that the original purchaser now wants the car. I think the guy was out of the country and they freaked cause they could not find him, so I received this ill timed call. Kind of annoying - anyway back to the wait.:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts