Audi R8 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
I use a fairly heavily modified SQ5
AWE downpipes and exhaust
APR carbon intake
Stage 2 pulley and software
Upgraded brakes, its a brick - no good if it can't stop as fast as it can go!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

· Registered
2017 R8 V10+ Ibis White
14 Posts
The E60 M5 is semi unreliable. They get the stigma because there's multiple things that can break catastrophically and multiple things that require a one time fix with the engine out. The problem is no one is really willing to pull the motor and they get put off until the engine eats itself. That is to say that if you buy one, pull the motor, replace the VANOS pumps, rod bearings, throttle actuators, and clutch/flywheel, it shouldn't be any less reliable than any other car. I just helped a friend engine swap his E60 M5 and it really wasn't as awful as I was expecting. The values on these cars are being kept low because of its reliability stigma, but I firmly believe they will go up in value in the future. It's the only V10 sedan ever made (not to mention the 1600 or so manuals) and historically car values don't care about reliability (see FD RX-7, any previous BMW M cars, Ferrari 355, etc).
That said, I'd totally go the second route. Hell, just get a decent manual Miata for $5k, enjoy it, then if you want, go seek out an E60 M5 manual.
That's not necessarily true, there was also the C6 RS6 Sedan which was a TT V10. Too bad we never got them in the states 😭

· Registered
101 Posts
I don't even have a photo of mine but use this as my daily. 2.2 Diesel (I know) and 6MT with full alcantara seats and double pan roof :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Actually really fun to drive and I don't care if it dies. 125k miles now commuting to work. UGLY AS HELL but reliable!
Same as our 2011 vw polo. 1.2 three cylinder. It just won’t die and just keeps going. Was our boys’ car to learn to drive etc but it just keeps on going!

· Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,632 Posts
amazing.
air suspension with lowering module?

that thing is a snowplow on wagon wheels.
I love it
Air Suspension - yes (standard on the RSQ8)
Lowering module - no, its on lowering links
to be honest, I'm not thrilled with it, the ride is much stiffer now and nowhere near as smooth and comfy as stock and while it is lowered for sure, it's not that low, could have gone a bit lower still on the links but I'm debating removing it as I find it too uncomfortable for daily use.

· Registered
528 Posts
Here is the backseat of my winter warrior today after driving kids and their friends to hockey. My dog is not as bad as my kids. View attachment 283365
^ We have a simple family policy. In Dad's BMW, no food or drink allowed (except for ME!!! Buahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

In Mom's Toyota minivan, do whatever you want

· Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,632 Posts
Almost bought me one . My wife says it’s ugly lol . Women !!!
While I fully appreciate that opinions are subjective but the RSQ8 is many things but ugly. The Urus on the other hand.....🤮

• Haha
Reactions: Izzio277

· Registered
162 Posts
Absolutely subjective when it comes to looks. I don't think RSQ8 is ugly, and I don't think Urus is ugly either. I would take the latter over the former just cause Lamborghini but RSQ8 is almost as nice for half the cost. I am G wagon guy though and would like a Brabus G63.

· Registered
2008 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (ghost pepper ) picking up 2017 Audi r8 v10 plus
68 Posts
Absolutely subjective when it comes to looks. I don't think RSQ8 is ugly, and I don't think Urus is ugly either. I would take the latter over the former just cause Lamborghini but RSQ8 is almost as nice for half the cost. I am G wagon guy though and would like a Brabus G63.
I love all three but I do need me a g wagon g63

41 - 60 of 79 Posts