Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I am new member here but always been a long time reader on here. Im sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong section! I currently have our 2009 Audi R8 that we bought new on BAT and was curious what you guys thought was a good/fair market value for the car. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wow! That’s some crazy low mileage, that’s a tough one, guessing there isn’t anything on the market to compare to, so guesses will have a wide range. I’m probably wrong but $105-$115k selling price on BAT? Maybe more if you get the right 2 collectors bidding who want to add they car to their collection?

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Hopefully it goes to a great new home - should be north of $100k, easily.

What was the story with the lower right blade missing in the pics? I know it snaps in/out to access the tow hook.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My curiosity always gets me into trouble, but you posted so I will ask...

Why on earth did they take the photos of the car right on top of all the fresh burn out marks it had just left on the asphalt? It is not like there are one or two, and the tire width marks are a dead giveaway. I can not see how that does not turn off even a glossy eyed potential bidder.

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
249 Posts
My curiosity always gets me into trouble, but you posted so I will ask...

Why on earth did they take the photos of the car right on top of all the fresh burn out marks it had just left on the asphalt? It is not like there are one or two, and the tire width marks are a dead giveaway. I can not see how that does not turn off even a glossy eyed potential bidder.

Good luck with the sale!
I'm not the OP and no affiliation. But I do know that location and I am familiar with the collection where these photos were taken. Those tire marks could have been left by many of the hundreds of cars in the collection or from many visitors to that site. It's doubtful that they are from the R8 in question. If you look at the tire shots of the car on the lift, they don't show signs of being burned up or anything. (Yes, I know new tires could have been put on. But date code indicates that these are probably original.) Judging from the quality of other cars in the collection, this would be an impeccable R8 and well worth purchasing if one were so inclined.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Isidore @Stärke You are absolutely right, The R8 was not the reason for all those burnouts. If you look up "Muscle car of the Week" you will see how all those burnout marks were added. This car hasn't been abused in anyway. It spent most of its life in the garage. The tires are the original I believe, I will post some pictures of the date codes on them.

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
Great looking car, a 2009 R8V8 manual was my first R8 and has such a classic look. But who ever buys needs to change those tires right away, not safe driving on 13 year old tires plus a good reason to get rid of those crappy Pzeroes for some Michelins

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@RS4Cab Thank you, if the car ends up selling I am sure whoever buys it will be happy with it. I agree with you though, the tires being 13 years old should be changed before any real driving. Its only nice to have the original tires on there so people can see that they weren't abused and as @Stärke mentioned you can see there weren't any signs of them being burned on or anything...Thanks for the feedback! We will see what happens in the next couple days. Pretty cool to hear there were only 459 gated V8's built.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
I bastardized mine, changed rear to a euro V10 and added a Stasis Supercharger
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
For anyone who grew up in the 80's and 90's, you probably recall the iconic Casio Databank watches - especially those with the calculator. I was an addict - I had endless versions of these watches. Almost a new one every 6 - 12 months as there was always a new version popping up, and they were about $40 - $50 a piece. I had various versions of the calculator, one that could dial a phone, one that could control a TV, one that could transfer data via IR with a computer, and the list went on.

Well, I was reminiscing about them - still have a few used ones SOMEWHERE in my house... if I dig out the right boxes. But, I wanted some "new" ones - nostalgia. Well, I bought a few "new old stock" and "as close to new as possible" examples recently. IF you can find examples in this condition, they run hundreds of dollars a piece. In some cases, cresting over $1,000... for watches that were mass produced and in seemingly endless supply back in their day. Arguably, they're nothing special when compared with a nice mechanical watch - Rolex, Omega, Tudor, etc. But they're special to so many people who had them and remember them fondly. Casio even launched a "vintage" version of the original calculator databank, but alas... not the same... for reasons I won't go into here.

BUT, the point of my story - original, unmolested stuff, whether a $50 watch or a six-figure supercar, will always be sought after. The longer time marches on, and the smaller the supply of such examples that exist, the higher the price goes. For someone who wants an all original, low mileage Gen-1 R8... well, this will be only one of the few options available. You can try to buy @Larry or @Dimitri 's cars... only others I know of with 1,xxx miles on them... but I don't think either of those guys will be selling anytime soon. :) On a related note, I had the pleasure of seeing Larry's 2015 gated V8 in person earlier this year... and it might as well have come off the showroom floor - it's flawless... not so much as a bug smudge or fingerprint on it... and, of course, all original.

A car like this isn't for everyone - it's not for the person who wants to go out and drive it 2k or 3k miles a year. But, for a collector, it represents a rare opportunity. Like my Casio Databank watches... these cars were generally used, not bought and put away. So, finding those rare "put away" examples... that's something special, even here in 2022... no less beyond.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
For anyone who grew up in the 80's and 90's, you probably recall the iconic Casio Databank watches - especially those with the calculator. I was an addict - I had endless versions of these watches. Almost a new one every 6 - 12 months as there was always a new version popping up, and they were about $40 - $50 a piece. I had various versions of the calculator, one that could dial a phone, one that could control a TV, one that could transfer data via IR with a computer, and the list went on.

Well, I was reminiscing about them - still have a few used ones SOMEWHERE in my house... if I dig out the right boxes. But, I wanted some "new" ones - nostalgia. Well, I bought a few "new old stock" and "as close to new as possible" examples recently. IF you can find examples in this condition, they run hundreds of dollars a piece. In some cases, cresting over $1,000... for watches that were mass produced and in seemingly endless supply back in their day. Arguably, they're nothing special when compared with a nice mechanical watch - Rolex, Omega, Tudor, etc. But they're special to so many people who had them and remember them fondly. Casio even launched a "vintage" version of the original calculator databank, but alas... not the same... for reasons I won't go into here.

BUT, the point of my story - original, unmolested stuff, whether a $50 watch or a six-figure supercar, will always be sought after. The longer time marches on, and the smaller the supply of such examples that exist, the higher the price goes. For someone who wants an all original, low mileage Gen-1 R8... well, this will be only one of the few options available. You can try to buy @Larry or @Dimitri 's cars... only others I know of with 1,xxx miles on them... but I don't think either of those guys will be selling anytime soon. :) On a related note, I had the pleasure of seeing Larry's 2015 gated V8 in person earlier this year... and it might as well have come off the showroom floor - it's flawless... not so much as a bug smudge or fingerprint on it... and, of course, all original.

A car like this isn't for everyone - it's not for the person who wants to go out and drive it 2k or 3k miles a year. But, for a collector, it represents a rare opportunity. Like my Casio Databank watches... these cars were generally used, not bought and put away. So, finding those rare "put away" examples... that's something special, even here in 2022... no less beyond.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Audi r8

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ExpertRanch Thank you very much for that graph, it was helpful. @RS4Cab In my opinion adding a supercharger to anything always just makes it more fun haha, thank you for sharing. It looks great (y) @ezmaass I completely agree with you. @Isidore Thank you, as I was making the driving video I reminded myself how nice these R8's are too drive. @Dimitri 😎 Very nice.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
the low miles isnt going to fetch as much money as you're probably hoping for on a v8. anyone willing to pay for a collector is going to pay for a v10
i hope i'm wrong and you get top dollar but my guess is it'll end around $100k mark, or slightly below

1 - 20 of 35 Posts