Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some photos and came across what appears to be a plug at the top under the head light!

Anyone know?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you mean the headlight washers? Or have I missed something else in the pic...?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Not sure what you mean but either the hole for tow hook or the Homelink sensor.
Nope, it's neither of those. The Homelink sensor is in the center of the front grill near the hood. And to get at the tow hook hole, you pull that entire bottom (3rd from the top) plastic vane shown in the picture above straight forward, completely removing it from the car. The screw recepticle for the tow hook is behind it.

mt

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
As noted by Beautiful freak, it's the headlight washer - see attached

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Maybe some U.S. cars don't have W/shield washers and this is just a plug? I was not aware that My '08 R8 had these washers.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I was not aware that My '08 R8 had these washers.
have you used your windshield washer with the headlights on?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
any idea why they don't have it?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The weather here in So. Cal certainly DOESN'T warrant the headlight washers unless you encounter very muddy dirty roads. I don't remember seeing the washers on any euro spec R8s either. This must be an option as my '08 R 8 is almost fully loaded and doesn't have them . Am I wrong ?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
The weather here in So. Cal certainly DOESN'T warrant the headlight washers unless you encounter very muddy dirty roads. I don't remember seeing the washers on any euro spec R8s either. This must be an option as my '08 R 8 is almost fully loaded and doesn't have them . Am I wrong ?
I think that they are simply not available in the US. They are not listed as an option anywhere.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Weird if they don't have them for US spec. I guess we are too clean here.:rolleyes: Or could it be nasty currency exchange rate.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I don't remember seeing the washers on any euro spec R8s either.
they're standard spec on uk cars:

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to every one for there assistance in identifying the headlight washes..I went out with someone watching and found after 2-3 seconds of holding the washer stalk they popped out... but only with headlights on.

Its a bit sad the time I can devote to my R8... in this case watching wipers.

But now I know!:eek:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that they are simply not available in the US. They are not listed as an option anywhere.
Its on US Cars most definitely. Follow this link to a current '09 on ebay... check out the picture

http://www.auctionadmin.com/ImgViewer.aspx?aID=366405&pic=1

Its on all the 2009 US R8's. Here's a 2008 and it appears to be there as well....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:7|39:1|240:1318

Maybe we don't list it on the spec sheet but it would appear to be a standard feature

·
Registered
101 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts