Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Looking very clean.

Nothing like giving her a bit of TLC when you can get some down time.(y)

Registered
Looking good. A job and try and do every year but not got round to it yet.

Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
Had a few hours on Father鈥檚 Day to give the old girl a little clean. Wheels off, washed and treated with poor boys wheel sealant , arched washed and coated with 303 protectant and treated the calipers to some new decals. Very pleased with the results 馃憤

View attachment 276245
View attachment 276246
View attachment 276247
View attachment 276248
View attachment 276244
Very nice - do this yearly too. Everything looks good apart from your tyre choice 馃槈

Reactions: GMW9666

Registered
Well done! That looks really nice. BTW, where did you get the decals? I just took delivery of a 2014 V-10 Spyder with the ceramic brake option and the decals are getting a bit faded and I would like to replace them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well done! That looks really nice. BTW, where did you get the decals? I just took delivery of a 2014 V-10 Spyder with the ceramic brake option and the decals are getting a bit faded and I would like to replace them.
This place. I found I needed to cut the R and 8 to bring them a tad closer together to cover the oem ones spot on

Registered
lol 100% they were on when I bought it, only got 7mm to get though 馃檮
I'm right with you. The prior owner of my car had just fitted new P Zeros up front, so I'm wearing them out too! The good news is we'll probably have a couple neat new choices to choose from when the time comes. ;)

Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
Automotive tire Wood Brick Brickwork Tints and shades

Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Wheel

Saw Automotive tire Chainsaw Motor vehicle Wood

As you can see @GMW9666 I did a proper job by taking my arch liners out and 303'ing both sides and even measured my disc thickness;).I even treated myself on the 1 warm day of the year to a Starbucks too lol. Next job engine bay full decontamination and clean. I coated my oil cooler lines as only slightly corroded and the transmission oil cooler lines too.

Registered
even measured my disc thickness
Grab yourself a pair like this, and then you won't get thrown off by a lip around the edge, as they wear down. ;)

Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
Grab yourself a pair like this, and then you won't get thrown off by a lip around the edge, as they wear down. ;)

They look good - It's hard to see, however I have a recessed part on both sides that is deeper than the disc lip so they work okay! If not in the future I can file them down slightly but disc thickness will never be that low before I change as they are close to replacement right now.

Reactions: torqueit

Registered

Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

This is the last time I cleaned it - It is awful right now but I will take before and after pictures when I clean it again.

Registered
This place. I found I needed to cut the R and 8 to bring them a tad closer together to cover the oem ones spot on
Thank you for your response. They look great! Did you spray any type of clear coat or sealer over the decals?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts